“Boil in a bag/dirty tables/snide staff”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #50 of 145 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed January 15, 2012

See the title. It says it all. Chain food is generally chain food- precooked and preserved to death, and I know the staff are paid little or nothing and act accordingly. But seriously- I do not know why RL restaurants have a following.

1  Thank OranVa

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Went with my daughter on a trip for a quick meal. Service and food average. I ordered an appetizer for meal and waitress wanted to know if I wanted to wait on this until my daughter’s meal arrived. I said yes and guess what, it came out before. Daughter ordered a combination platter of shrimp and scallops both were overcooked but sauce was good. Nothing was really bad but it didn’t stand out as one of our better meals either.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Because we're from Maine, where seafood is prevalent at the locallty-owned, non-chain restaurants, we don't often patronize Red Lobster restaurants when we travel. But during a trip through western Virginia in November 2011, we decided to give the Red Lobster in Staunton, VA a try.....and came away very pleasantly surprised....
The menu, of course, was standard Red Lobster fare...but at least they honestly differentiated between the Maine lobster, rock lobster and longostino items on the menu... Our two entrees, one a combination of seafood-stuffed flounder and wood-grilled salmon and the other a shrimp-and-lobster-over-pasta dish, were both better than expected, although the stuffing in the flounder seemed softer and more processed than expected. The lobster in the lobster dish included clearly identifiable pieces that were cooked, but not over-cooked as can sometimes happen.
But the absolute highlight of the evening was the attitude and service orientation of the staff. The greeting at the door sounded genuine and heart-felt. Our server made us feel immediately welcome, was attentive without being over-bearing (bringing beverage refills without being asked, checking back more than once during the meal, etc), and gladly accommodating a special request. The manager who stopped by our table during our meal also gave us more than the "put in an appearance at each table" inquiry about our meal, our service, and our experience with them that evening.
Yes it's a chain restaurant; yes it's menu is like that at any other Red Lobster; and yes the physical appearance reminds you of every other Red Lobster you've ever visited -- but the attentiveness, attitude and genuine smiles of the staff make it far better than your average chain restaurant dining experience. We'll go back again if/when we're in the area.

1  Thank Mainer-On-The-Go
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My wife and I went there to try the endless shrimp offer. It is hard to get enough to eat when they don't come back and check on you. There were several issues that came up. We complained to the manager that waitresses were coming though the dining area carrying bags of trash. Nothing is less appealing than bags of garbage when you are eating. The manager said the drink station was in the middle so they had to carry the garbage out. I got the one order of shrimp and then the waitress never came back. I left pretty unhappy about the service.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

My husband and I ate here on a stopover going through Virginia. We were quite surprised. This place is nothing like our hometown Red Lobster - it is much better. The food was very good and the service was great! We would highly recommend if you like Red Lobster restaurants!