“my favorite place in staunton”
Review of Mill Street Grill

Mill Street Grill
Ranked #3 of 137 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mill Street Grill is a medium-priced, full-service restaurant located in the Shenandoah Valley. Already an established name, Mill Street Grill is also a name synonymous with quality. At Mill Street Grill everything is made fresh daily and based on our own original recipes. We feature homemade soups, sauces and dressings made from the finest ingredients, with hand cut steaks, fresh seafood, garden salads and the best barbeque ribs in the Valley.Full Gluten free menu avaliable as well as Vegeterian items. We balance good quality food with fast, fun, efficient service. All served in the cozy confines of a turn of the century flour mill. Customers always get their money's worth at Mill Street Grill. From our opening 1992, our goal has been to be the most consistent restaurant in the area, and our large numbers of regular customers prove that we have succeeded. No one is a stranger at Mill Street Grill, because we treat our customers better than family.
Reviewed January 23, 2009

I live in Staunton, and this is always the place I want to go for birthday dinners, or anytime really! The food is always wonderful, fresh bread with a different butter every time, best ribs and brisket around, oysters rockefeller are fabulous, very good wine and beer selection as well. They have live jazz music once a week, and the weekend brunch is fabulous!

1  Thank hessmesss
Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed August 31, 2008

We were traveling from Philadelphia to Charlotte and decided to stop in Staunton for the night. We were directed to the Grill for dinner and it was really busy even on a Tuesday night. We were seated fast and promptly greeted by a knowledgeable server. She really knew the menu. One of us is gluten intolerant and we were amazed at how acquainted our server was with this. They even had a breading made of potato, corn and rice flour for fried oysters and the oysters were great. I had prime rib and it melted in my mouth and was cooked to perfection. The other meal was sea bass in a Thai coconut broth it was the best thing I had tasted in a long time. I also had fried green tomatoes which i had never had and they were outstanding.The wine list here is great and very reasonably priced. the 3 types of bread with the banana walnut butter and the taste of peppermint ice cream at the end of the meal was a nice touch. For all we got I thought it was a reasonable meal for the money. We plan our trips now so we can stop in staunton just to eat there

3  Thank travelingtarheel81
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 31, 2008

One of the only places in the Shenandoah Valley that does a great job with fried oysters!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 17, 2008

Can't discuss the menu as a whole since every time I drive from Boston to Atlanta I only order ribs. In my opinion and my son's, the best ribs along the East Coast. Well worth getting off the highway, no matter the time, to enjoy a good meal of ribs!

2  Thank Heverlee
Reviewed February 19, 2008

As a Staunton local, I have to say this is one of the best restaurants in the area. The food is always fabulous. You'll start with warm break served with a flavored butter. I love this. And the salads are great! Just something a little different. There are always more than enough choices for your main course which makes it a great choice when eating out with lots of people. And if you like fried green tomatoes...theirs are to die for!!! My favorite part of the meal. The atmosphere is great too.

2  Thank emmaline