“Just great”
Review of Mill Street Grill

Mill Street Grill
Ranked #3 of 134 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mill Street Grill is a medium-priced, full-service restaurant located in the Shenandoah Valley. Already an established name, Mill Street Grill is also a name synonymous with quality. At Mill Street Grill everything is made fresh daily and based on our own original recipes. We feature homemade soups, sauces and dressings made from the finest ingredients, with hand cut steaks, fresh seafood, garden salads and the best barbeque ribs in the Valley.Full Gluten free menu avaliable as well as Vegeterian items. We balance good quality food with fast, fun, efficient service. All served in the cozy confines of a turn of the century flour mill. Customers always get their money's worth at Mill Street Grill. From our opening 1992, our goal has been to be the most consistent restaurant in the area, and our large numbers of regular customers prove that we have succeeded. No one is a stranger at Mill Street Grill, because we treat our customers better than family.
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Solid craft beer offerings, huge portions of local, healthy and well presented food, constant "yum" sounds from my wife and I as each course arrived, nice "local" ambiance, all together a fine, cozy, wonderful place to dine. Clearly the best in Staunton.

There are newer reviews for Mill Street Grill

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We must have arrived at the right moment. We did not have to wait. As we were leaving, their had to be 40 or more people waiting to be seated. The appetizer sampler was great. As was the rest of the food. Had a great experience. Would love to go back and try something else.

1  Thank Tim L
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We went to dinner with our friends. Old, interesting building. We got there fairly early on Saturday evening, 5: 30. We were told the wait would be 15 min., but we were seated in five, after we had ordered drinks at the bar. Lovely bar and nice bartender. The wait for our meals was somewhat long. Three of us had ribs, and one of us fried oysters. The ribs were good, and the three types of bread they serve with the dinner was very good. On the downside, our waiter provided spotty service and was "fussy". We had the impression that we were imposing on him. They had six draft beers listed as lagers. I ordered what was described as a light lager. I was dismayed when it turned out to be an amber color. I have never had a lager beer that was Amber. I indicated this to our waiter, who was not happy with me about it. I would not go back, as a result.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The Mill Street Grill has great character. The service and food quality has always been top notch when my wife and I visit for dinner. It is worth attending on Wednesday nights when they have live jazz, but prepared to wait for a table. The coffee is roasted locally and I can never drink enough. They offer homemade bread with their meals and a different flavored butter each night. It is always tops on our list when we visit Staunton

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Birthday dinner for my wife while we were traveling. Selected because of menu and T.A. reviews. Short wait on a Saturday night. Limited seating in wait area so many wait outside. Prime rib was very fatty. Could only eat about half . ( Should have sent it back.)The ribs were fall off the bone and very tasty. Server was very friendly and helpful with suggestions. One suggestion: instead of having the hostess repeatedly shout out names ("Smith, party of two.") why not offer pagers like the Outback.

1  Thank Jeffrey B

Been to Mill Street Grill? Share your experiences!