“Ribs, ribs and ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mill Street Grill

Mill Street Grill
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: Fusion, Gastropub, American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mill Street Grill is a medium-priced, full-service restaurant located in the Shenandoah Valley. Already an established name, Mill Street Grill is also a name synonymous with quality. At Mill Street Grill everything is made fresh daily and based on our own original recipes. We feature homemade soups, sauces and dressings made from the finest ingredients, with hand cut steaks, fresh seafood, garden salads and the best barbeque ribs in the Valley.Full Gluten free menu avaliable as well as Vegeterian items. We balance good quality food with fast, fun, efficient service. All served in the cozy confines of a turn of the century flour mill. Customers always get their money's worth at Mill Street Grill. From our opening 1992, our goal has been to be the most consistent restaurant in the area, and our large numbers of regular customers prove that we have succeeded. No one is a stranger at Mill Street Grill, because we treat our customers better than family.
London, United Kingdom
“Ribs, ribs and ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

some of the best ribs I have ever had. Great beer on tap. Good crowd but not noisy. Great service. Good prices.

Visited October 2013

Colgate, Wisconsin
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed at the Iris Inn in Waynesboro. Innkeeper recommended this place to us. We were hesitant about driving to Staunton, but it's a short, easy drive and well worth the trip. First of all, the service was fantastic. Atmosphere comfortable and cozy. This place is well-known in the area for ribs, but we were heading North after a vacation in Tennessee and wanted a break from BBQ. We had a great server that recommended the roasted beet salad - did not disappoint - came with a gigantic piece of goat cheese and sun dried tomato bread. Also tried the bangers (sausages) which were very good and a nice twist for a dinner menu. At the end of the meal, we were presented with little pots of peppermint ice cream. Nice touch at the end of a great meal.

• Visited September 2013
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Good compromise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our boy's & myself checked into our hotel & will be visiting Frontier Museum tomorrow. The hotel had aprox. 24 ad cards from dining options (with menus). There were a couple that appealed to my tastes more so than the Mill Street Grill. Those being AVA & Aioli. BUT with a 5 & 6 year old I was unsure of the appropriateness of those choices. So although the photos of the Mill Street Grill gave me pause (green carpet & dark decor), I must say the food was very good. And the atmosphere was actually better than I anticipated. I was comfortable with my children being there although I did not see any others. We ordered some of the specials for the evening, Chicken & Alligator Gumbo, baked goat cheese with Kalamata olives, & beef stroganoff. We loved it all. Would eat here with or with out the kids.

• Visited October 2013
Centreville, Virginia
“Go for some of it, but beware of some of it, too.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The place must be a hot spot in Staunton, because it was packed the night we went. Alas, it was very full of hustle and bustle and NOISE. It was hard to carry on a conversation let alone hear the waitress. It was cute inside and full of charm, though. The food had hits and misses. I am a vegetarian so it is not the best place for vegetarians but my husband and daughter had the bbq ribs and chicken and those did look great, and they both really enjoyed them. The cheese dip for an appetizer was runny and clumpy. Not too great.The bread before and the ice cream after were complimentary and quite good. So, beware of the noise, enjoy the charm, get the ribs and enjoy the complimentary bread and ice cream. Skip the appetizer.

Visited October 2013
East Greenbush, New York (USA)
“Lived Up to Recommendations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I usually stay in Staunton, VA on our way to & from Charleston, SC. This August was no different...but, we had visited the Staunton Elks and everyone there recommended the Mill Street Grill. On our way back home, we did stop in (8/26) and it turned out to be a wise decision...my Brothers at the Elks were right.
After delicious appetizers, my wife had the Tilapia/rice w/Creole slaw & I destroyed the Mill Street BBQ sampler platter. Both of us truly enjoyed our meals. Also, our server, Andrew, was very good at his job and helped to make the experience as good as it was.
With a couple of drinks each added in, the total was a bit under $80.00 before tip. That was very reasonable for the quality of the dinner we experienced. To quote my wife; "I really liked that place". Will we stop in again during our next trip South....you betcha!

• Visited August 2013