“Very good food & fast service”
Review of Mill Street Grill

Mill Street Grill
Ranked #3 of 137 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mill Street Grill is a medium-priced, full-service restaurant located in the Shenandoah Valley. Already an established name, Mill Street Grill is also a name synonymous with quality. At Mill Street Grill everything is made fresh daily and based on our own original recipes. We feature homemade soups, sauces and dressings made from the finest ingredients, with hand cut steaks, fresh seafood, garden salads and the best barbeque ribs in the Valley.Full Gluten free menu avaliable as well as Vegeterian items. We balance good quality food with fast, fun, efficient service. All served in the cozy confines of a turn of the century flour mill. Customers always get their money's worth at Mill Street Grill. From our opening 1992, our goal has been to be the most consistent restaurant in the area, and our large numbers of regular customers prove that we have succeeded. No one is a stranger at Mill Street Grill, because we treat our customers better than family.
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good and service was great. We would have said that they were the best meal on our trip before our visit to The Depot Grill the next day. We chose The Depot because of their desire to buy and support local farmers. I did not see the Mill on the list of folks that bought Polyface farms or other local products but I think it would be great progress in supporting local agriculture and be an addition to the charm of their restaurant. But the food was wonderful and they were very quick to serve!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Staying near Waynesboro, we had to drive several miles to find a good restaurant but it proved to be worth the trouble. Obviously this a very popular restaurant and there was quite a queue when we arrived. However were seated within 20 minutes and the experience justified the wait. An interesting menu and really excellent food, wine and service. Probabably the best value we had in 3 weeks on the road.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Tired of driving en route to our North Carolina destination, my husband and I pulled off Rt 81in Staunton , Va. Not really wanting to "chain it" for dinner, I googled restaurants in Staunton and happened upon Mill Street Grill. Reviews were quite positive so we gave it a try. What a find !!! Known for their ribs,my husband enjoyed an enormous rack of fall off the bone ribs , YUM! I was tempted to order one of the fish specials, but our wonderful server,Andy, suggested I try the Greek Mahi Mahi. So I went out of my comfort zone and agreed ( besides, being a true foodie, I wanted to order a staple from the menu).My meal consisted of a generous portion of perfectly cooked fish covered with a sautée of nicely seasoned mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, olives and Feta cheese! Different and delicious! Shared down home real strawberry shortcake and did not want to cry when bill came! Great food, service and value. Will be a go to next time we are in the area!

4  Thank judyfoody
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great ambiance,great service,great food. What more could you want. From the starter of wonderful bread served very cleverly ( with marvelous berry butter) to the small serving of minty ice cream as a pallet cleaner at the end of your dinner,all was delian. Very nice menu with lots of great choices. Ribs were great! Nice for the family as well.

2  Thank Appleation
Reviewed June 4, 2013

After taking 250 on a scenic drive, this is definitely a great place to stop. The food is fantastic and the wait staff is incredible. There's always something else to try with a huge menu. The little baked bread is fantastic and melts in your mouth. I had the Mahi Mahi and my wife had the Cajun shrimp with fried green tomatoes this time. Both were incredible. There is something on the menu for everyone and every size appetite. The atmosphere is also terrific for a group meal or an intimate occasion. We would drive all the way from Richmond just for dinner -- it's that good!!