“Just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mill Street Grill

Mill Street Grill
Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: Fusion, Gastropub, American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mill Street Grill is a medium-priced, full-service restaurant located in the Shenandoah Valley. Already an established name, Mill Street Grill is also a name synonymous with quality. At Mill Street Grill everything is made fresh daily and based on our own original recipes. We feature homemade soups, sauces and dressings made from the finest ingredients, with hand cut steaks, fresh seafood, garden salads and the best barbeque ribs in the Valley.Full Gluten free menu avaliable as well as Vegeterian items. We balance good quality food with fast, fun, efficient service. All served in the cozy confines of a turn of the century flour mill. Customers always get their money's worth at Mill Street Grill. From our opening 1992, our goal has been to be the most consistent restaurant in the area, and our large numbers of regular customers prove that we have succeeded. No one is a stranger at Mill Street Grill, because we treat our customers better than family.
COLUMBIA
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The food was only average. Not well flavored and pretty bland. Nice facility near downtown and we could walk to our hotel.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank SCShaker

Roanoke, Virginia
“Okay, but not as good as everyone claims.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Went for my birthday , based on recommendations from here. Had a long wait, 30 minutes, so watched the hostess play with her hair constantly, which didn't seem real sanitary. The other host was coughing constantly, and he was handling all the menus. So I wasn't impressed. nice we were seated, we immediately ordered, and it took a very long time. My husband ordered the ribs, I got a steak. Neither were outstanding, and then we were given peppermint ice cream which looked and tasted like it had been thawed and refrozen. Save your money for shopping, skip this place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Wonderful Brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great menu ranging from vegetarian, gluten free, to meat and seafood!. Daily selections also provide a large variety of choices! All meals were excellent and the service was too! Wine, beer and mixed drinks also provide many choices!

1 Thank 1MizChiz
WV
“Glass of wine was large and the food was fine!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was not my first choice but it being a Tuesday in a smallish town, I think we were a bit limited. We are a family of three with a 6 year old so she probably would have prefered this to finer dining. The menu had LOTS on it and was a bit overwhelming. I finally settled on ribs and my husband had the fish and chips. Ribs were tasty, fish and chips, eh. Overall, I could tell it was popular and did get very crowded. Service was quick and attentive, food was hot. Crayons, kids menu and alcohol. All was well.

Stafford, Virginia
“Great service, great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a party of 8 on Saturday evening to celebrate my daughter's 19th birthday. The noise level is pretty high during the busiest time. A little difficult for the 84 year old grandparents. The hostess was an older woman who was not very polite. However, our waitress was terrific, as was the food. The homemade bread and flavored butter was wonderful. Everyone who had the ribs thought they were excellent. My mom had the best crab cakes she has ever had and she is a world traveler. I had the very best Mahi Mahi made Greek style and my husband had the best clam chowder anyone had ever tasted.
Overall we thought the experience was great. My daughter has been trying to get us there for several years and I'm so glad we finally made it. We will definitely go again.

1 Thank jonesdf