“Great place to eat !”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Traveling by w/ friends who have eaten there as they have been 'traveling by' . Good menu ,good food and good value. American fare ... Had a catfish special, others had roast turkey and the trimmings , fried chicken and chicken salad. For us, it was a very good place to eat as we travel the Valley. Forgot ... stop at the bakery on the way out. Will definitely return.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stopped in for breakfast and really enjoyed the local flavor. Lot's of local favorites and long list of excellent fresh baked goods.
Don't miss the cookie case on the way out--lot's of good choices there as well. They must be doing something right, as they go head to head with Cracker Barrel and seem to be holding their own!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Finally got around to trying Mrs. Rowe's which I understand has been in business since the 1940's. We had breakfast which was okay, but not great. There are several other restaurants in Staunton that have a better breakfast and a more varied menu. I will admit that the table next to us had a huge cinnamon roll that looked fantastic! We'll give Mrs. Rowe's another chance and next time try some of the bakery items.

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Been wanting to try this recommended restaurant for dinner on my trips through the Valley for years. We prefer to eat at the mom and pop, independent restaurants rather than chains. The menu was standard American fare. My choice was liver and onions which I rarely find anywhere so I tried it and the side dishes were good.My wife had a BBQ sandwich which was ok. Her cole slaw was sweet (typical of the South) My rolls were not hot, the only negative about the meal. Pies here are a big attraction, but after the meal we were too full to try any.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Eating at this restaurant is like eating at the home of the best cook in the world. They give very ample portions, sell take home meals and large homemade pies. All prices are VERY reasonable. I know people who travel from the DC metro area (250 mi.) just to eat lunch at this restaurant.

1  Thank Bobbi2014