“Good home cooking and plenty of it”

Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #11 of 139 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Rowe's makes Staunton famous. Good Southern cooking. They also have carryout and a bakery with yummy cookies and pies. Large rooms suitable for meetings. Friendly service.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

although this is not my style of eating, it is a very popular restaurant. People traveling north and south on Interstate 81 make special efforts to stop here to eat. Many locals are also quite fond of this eating place It is a family style restaurant with down home cooking.

2  Thank Sweetiebarbara
Reviewed November 15, 2012

When travelling, I make a serious attemp to avoid the chiain restaurants and quick food places that serve the interstate. Although consistant, they are consistantly bla.

We discovered Mr.s Rowes some years ago and frequent the restaurant when we can. Althougth I can not compare it to Mom's cooking, it is a refreshing treat for normal fair.

This trip was no exception. Bad weather and long days forced put me into the restaurant at 7:50 at night whn the close at 8:00. No problem. The hostess was friendly and understanding and although late, I never felt rushed or unwanted. The food was tasty, served at the proper temperature and fairly priced. We will be back again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Busy parking lot and too popular to advertise but we fail to see why. Bland, rather ordinary food prepared without inspiration. We shall not return. Oh - the spoonbread was pretty good, however.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Maybe it was oversold to me, but I never have figured out what all the excitement is about. It is average food with average service. The prices are ambitious for what you get in my opinion. I don't have anything bad to say but I don't have much all that good to say either. If there is an upside it would have to be the pies. They do know their way around a pie. Eat elsewhere and go to Rowe's for the pie.