“Love this place!”

Ox-Eye Vineyards Tasting Room
Ranked #1 of 4 Nightlife in Staunton
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were referred to this place by an acquaintance and we are forever grateful! The woman working there was so friendly and helpful. She even told us about the other wine shops in Staunton. We tasted some of the wines, and ended up buying a case of our favorite. You can sit on the first floor in big leather chairs, sit upstairs, or sit outside. We had beautiful weather so we sat outside and enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine. Nice atmosphere!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I first visited Ox-Eye on Small Business Saturday. They had a harpist playing in the main room that added a lovely touch to our shopping experience.
I later attended a bachelorette party in the upstairs events room. It was quite lovely! The bridal party provided the finger food and purchased the wine from Ox-Eye. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and found the staff to be quite helpful and friendly.
I enjoyed it so much that I decided to give myself a wine-tasting party here for my 45th birthday. Again, the staff was very knowledgeable and outgoing. My girlfriends and I did a wine tasting in the main room and then purchased glasses of wine and snacks which we enjoyed on their covered patio. Despite the fact it was pouring, we had a lovely time and ended up staying for 3 hours! My favorite wine is their Ox-Eye (white wine blend).

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great tasting in a really cool building. Enjoyed talking with the winemaker who as very approachable and quite nice. Solid wines and generous pours for he tasting compared to other Shenandoah vineyards.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We needed to kill some time before a store opened on a Sunday so we stopped in for a tasting without having much expectation.
We were delighted with our experience and wouldn't hesitate to return or send others to this cheerful tasting room.
We did not learn our server's name, but assume her to be the wife of the winemaker due to her keen knowledge of the workings of the winery.
Wine quality was way beyond our expectations, as our previous VA wine experiences were truly horrid, and we were interested to learn more about the expansion of the industry since our last exploration.
this is a great stop and any open-minded wine drinker can enjoy this experience.

1  Thank amy e