“Want mexican???”

Description: (540) 886-3578
Sanford, North Carolina
“Want mexican???”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very tasty food with excellent, friendly staff. The price is very nice if on a budget. The tacos are my favorite!!!!

Visited May 2013

Laurel, Maryland
“Ok Food, Ok Service”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was craving Mexican food while traveling home from a long road trip and found this place. This place is not bad, but it's not spectacular.

The salsa was mediocre, but not bad. No chunks, not a lot of kick. The texture and color were similar to tomato soup. Not bad though. Chips were ok as well.

My enchilada dish was ok, but very standard. The beans and rice were Taco Bellish. None of it was bad, and I enjoyed my meal, but not anything out of the ordinary.

I didn't find the service bad. Actually, since I was in a little rush, I sat down, quickly ordered so as not to delay things, and had the food within 10 minutes. I never had someone stop by my table to ask how things were going, though they were always around, so I'm certain I could have flagged someone down very easily. I kind of agree with those who mentioned that the waiters seem very ho-hum about their jobs. As I got what I needed when I needed it, I never felt like the service was lacking for my needs, but it wasn't anything to write home about either.

The atmosphere was fairly clean and festive.

Not sure what the buffet was like as I wasn't there for that.

I'd look for other Mexican restaurants in the area before settling on this one, but if this was it, and I was craving Mexican, I wouldn't be opposed to going here again.

• Visited May 2013
“One of my favorites.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. The food is absolutely great. Good prices with a nice atmosphere. I don't usually get the buffet, but my friends do, so I can't give you my opinion on that but I have heard it's also good. The service is ok, not too bad and it's a clean restaurant. The food is what makes this place.

• Visited September 2012
Calfornia-Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to bring family and friends”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I have been to both El Puertos on multiple occasions. We have brought guests with us several times. After today's service we will not be making that mistake again. We came in for lunch (3 adults, 1 young child). Our server couldn't be bothered to bring us a high chair. We finally found a bus boy who was able to get us one. The restaurant was not busy at all, so it's not like they were all being used. The waiter then argued with us after we explained the coke was not good. It was basically lightly colored carbonated water. After a bit more arguing he spent about ten minutes bringing us fresh drinks. He had an attitude about us not giving the baby her own plate (which she would shatter on the floor). He brought my husband the wrong food then argued about that as well. When we were paying our check he actually pointed to the tip line on the credit card receipt to tell us to leave a tip! I understand that waiters and waitresses work for their tips, but to specifically ask for one is downright rude.

I must say the quesadilla I ordered was really good, but unfortunately not nearly good enough to make up for the poor service. There are plenty of other restaurants nearby with wonderful food AND friendly waitstaff. I'd recommend avoiding this place if at all possible.

• Visited April 2013
“Fantastic food, blah service.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been a regular at el puertos for years, great place! Recently the waitresses and waiters haven't been up to par. Poor attention to the tables, you get the vibe that they want you out the door as soon as possible. It used to be the opposite. The food is still fantastic! Cant get Better Mexican cuisine anywhere else! Need to hire more personable servers, I want someone with personality, not a blank stare.