“Fabulous Anniversary Weekend!! :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ubon Thai Victorian Restaurant Inn
515 West Frederick Street, Staunton, VA 24401   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Staunton B&B and Inns
Pennsylvania
“Fabulous Anniversary Weekend!! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful, romantic 1-night stay here for our anniversary. We were greeted by one of the owners, Dan, who was super nice! :) He gave us a tour of the Inn, as well as the restaurant, and brought our luggage up to our room. We stayed in room #7, which is a lovely room with its own bathroom. My favorite part was the old-fashioned clawfoot bathtub in which I indulged in 2 bubble baths during our stay! ;) The bed was comfortable, too (sheets smelled SO good!!), and having cable TV was great. I would describe the decor of this Inn as fun, funky, and eclectic- just our style! In my opinion, it is very clean. If you are super picky about minor things like a little bit of wallpaper peeling, or a teeny tiny bit of dust, then perhaps a beautiful old Victorian Inn is not the place for you.

The Restaurant portion of the Inn was absolutely fantastic! The food is prepared to order, just as spicy as you would like it. The service is great too, Gail really went out of her way to make sure everything was just perfect. We had the pleasure of speaking with the other owner, Ubon, too- she is just as sweet as can be and treated us like family. They prepared the most delicious soup I have ever eaten for us for breakfast on Sunday morning… and they don't even normally do breakfast there! They were also very attentive to my vegetarian needs.

Overall, this is a wonderful gem of a place to stay for a getaway, and we will definitely be back! :)

• Stayed September 2012
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Orange, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This past April my boyfriend and I were driving across the country headed to our new home in Texas! Having a love for Thai food, we made sure to seek out Thai restaurants on our journey. After an extremely long day of driving, we were very hungry and after an google search we found Ubon Thai. The plan was to grab a bite to- go and head back to the hotel, I must say I'm go glad it didn't happen that way!
As soon as we walked in the door we felt like family. The owner was there to greet us at the door and she wanted to know all about us! We took a tour of the beautiful victorian hotel which was connected to the restaurant while she prepared our meal. She told us of her family and her amazing journey in obtaining the restaurant and hotel. She was such a delight to sit and talk with! But wait, how could I forget the food!
This was by far the best Thai food I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. It's been two months since we had it and I still can't wait to head back for more! Every dish had a unique flavor which was bold and wonderful (much like it's creator). Seeing how much we enjoyed it, she had us sample different dishes and told us about how they were made. Additionally, a friend from town came in and joined our little group. He explained how it is the best food in the area which we didn't doubt.

If you're in the area and enjoy Thai, it would be a crime to your taste-buds to miss this place. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends