“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kathy's

Kathy's
Ranked #24 of 129 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I didn't have the pancakes. Maybe that was a mistake. The four adults in my party all had eggs, sausage or bacon, toast and grits. My first startling revelation was that the grits were a la carte -- none of their meals come with grits. Huh? What was that? So you get a small bowl of tepid grits for $1.75. At least they weren't lumpy like those we were served last year at the equally overrated Mrs. Rowe's. The rest of the meal was okay - but I couldn't distinguish between it and something like the Cracker Barrel (arghh). I was quite disappointed. It didn't help that our waiter was a wee bit surly. I wish she had just said, "Hey. Order something that is on the menu as a meal if you want it to be good."

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alex D

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great pancakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Having been told Kathy's served the best pancakes in the Shenandoah Valley, we made it a point to give them a try prior to departing Staunton. We can confirm that recommendation received was accurate after trying the blueberry pancakes which were light and full of plump fresh blueberries. The menu has a wide variety of choices which are well priced. While the diner style tables and booths were not our taste the place seemed clean and service was prompt. In addition did not care for water in plastic glasses.

Visited July 2013
Staunton, Virginia
“Best Pancakes Anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We eat there now and then when we are in the mood for carbs and meat. The pancakes are the best I've ever had, and slathered in butter and syrup they are amazing! The rest is pretty predictable country cooking. If you are looking for fresh fruit or healthier choices, keep looking, but if you want a slab of meat with a side of carbs, followed up with cake... this will fit the bill.

• Visited May 2013
Amherst, Virginia
“A GREAT dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went there on a Saturday afternoon..alittle before 3:00 pm 7-5-2013. Never been there before, but I noticed alot of cars there when we first drove through the town. I told my wife..when you see all those cars..its a sure bet that the food is good..well, we were NOT disappointed! We ordered the grilled pork loin with a salad and vegetable...WOW!!! It was really seasoned well and hot.
As most reviews have stated..the clientele are mostly local..and for good reason. The service was wonderful and the waitress was so cordial..waited on us hand a foot, so to speak. Price was reasonable and the decor was very nice AND clean as well. If you're in Staunton..you gotta try it out!

• Visited July 2013
Pottstown
“Great selection of omlettes and pancakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the place to go for omlettes and pancakes. A large selection. My husband had the country morning omelette with sausage gravy on top. There was no skimping on the ingredients here. The best gravy I ever had. I had the apple pie and it was yummy. Reasonable price, decor is charming.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Kathy's? Share your experiences!