“Clean, Updated, Pet Friendly”

Red Roof Inn Staunton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I were traveling through VA and needed a clean place that would accept pets so we stopped here and asked if they would take my pet. Girl at desk was very helpful and said she had a "pet room" in the back. We were pleasantly surprised to find a clean engineered hardwood floor. It was great as we had dog bowl and water dish. Room had a large flat screen, nice vanity and bath, micro, fridge, and king bed. It was a deluxe room but was about $86 with tax. Not bad. Also had a nice continental breakfast, indoor heated pool, and hot tub. When we checked out the desk clerk (probably the owner) asked how everything was. Thats a rareity. I told him we were more than satisfied. Also saw people with bbqs outside rooms and the guy next to his was using his so apparently they are OK with it. It didn't bother me and I thought it was a great idea for people staying a few days.

Room Tip: If you have a pet the rooms in the back are great as there is a grassy area to walk them. Also back...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy K
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel and staff. We always strive to make our guest happy ,i am glad that you like floor.The staff and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience, We hope you come stay with us again .

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed overnight here on my way to NC. Very easy to find, right off I-81. The room was clean, nicely furnished, nothing fancy and had no funky smells. The bathroom had a tub with the sink and mirror outside the actual bathroom. Fridge and microwave in the room. The hotel was pretty crowded and there were a few dogs, but I had no trouble sleeping. I had requested to be away from the dogs and they accommodated me. The bed and pillows were comfortable, no achy back in the morning. The breakfast was very standard for this chain. Some hot items, frozen waffles, toast, fruit and good coffee. They have two cereals, raisin bran and cornflakes, nothing sweet.
There are some good restaurants in the area and a gas station right as you turn up the road to the hotel.
I found this to be a good deal for the money. This is going to be my stopover place on my way to NC every time.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Anita C
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I checked Trip Advisor before making this reservation and this seemed like the best balance between price and rating for my one night stay in the area. Turned out to be very nice considering it looks like a typical roadside motel. The rooms appear to have been remodeled recently. The towels were on the small side but clean, soft and there were plenty. The sheets were definitely clean - smelled a little like bleach and were not very soft but the clean makes that tolerable. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave as well as coffee. The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was not impressive but about what I expected from a motel.

Room Tip: The highway/main parking lot side was a little noisy but not overly so.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for commenting regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Wanted to see the sights in and around Staunton, so needed an affordable and clean place to stay for four nights. Red Roof fit the bill. It was close to downtown, local attractions and major roadways. The hotel, while older, was clean and in good shape. Staff was very friendly and accommodating and the pool was nice. Continental breakfast was ok - had lots of carbs which are not my thing, but offered enough choices, particularly if with a family and young children. Overall the place was clean, friendly and a good value for the price. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bababooy
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience,Thanks for kind word about my staff and property. We hope you come stay with us again .

Reviewed April 23, 2014

stayed here overnight while going to nearby massanutten waterpark and american shakespeare company w/ wife and 2 kids.

PROS>
very friendly check in / fast
clean rooms
nice pool area, water warm (pool 3-4' deep)
sauna big enough for 3-4... uses timer, so warm up 30 minutes prior to planned use
fitness room big enough to stretch and do a insanity style workout in w/ mirrors
good breakfast (except no eggs or many protein sources)
very helpful housekeeping and clean rooms
parking right at door
1 restaurant w/ in walking distance (buffet/ American style food)
close to highway exit
big shower head, good pressure and temp

CONS>
very few towels in room, small towels at that
no hot tub (I knew this going in) but figured I would gripe;-)

The thing that stands out in my mind about this hotel is the staff, VERY friendly gal on check in, super fast. Bobby personally delivered towels down to the pool for us and gave my son a glass of milk after breakfast was closed (just because he worked out)...Bobby was very nice to us and went above and beyond.

thx!

Room Tip: first floor so you are by your car.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
redroof706, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thanks for visiting us at the Red Roof Inn Staunton, VA. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and thanks for sharing your comments for other travelers. It is nice to know you will visit us again when you return to the area. If I can assist with future reservations, please contact me at 540-885-3117 or redroof706@gmail.com. Thanks Again Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

You can get a good night sleep. Go swimming, work out or just relax. Host are very nice. I stay every time i am in area.this hotel is best value and there is your choice of good places to eat.The area has a lot of things to enjoy ay your leasure.

Room Tip: I like bottom floor. Any floor you chose will be good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
redroof706, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

I'm glad that you enjoyed your last stay with us and that we are your hotel of choice while you are visiting Staunton. We enjoy having you and look forward to your next stay with us.

Guest Relations Manager,

Hunter Cullen

Reviewed April 13, 2014

A bargain hotel in Staunton, a good stopover on a long drive south. Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, good wifi, and a huge number of channels on a nice flat screen 40" TV. Will return.

Breakfast was marginal.

Room Tip: Liked the convenience of parking right outside the room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple