“Good for the money”

Red Roof Inn Staunton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Picked this property based on reviews. The price was good for a weekend night. Room was clean and we were happy there was no carpet. The room however had a slight odor, perhaps it had been a smoking room at one time. TV had few channels. Breakfast was basic. All in all we were satisfied. Check in was quick and service friendly. Close to Staunton with many restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We recently traveled from NY to NC and stayed at this motel on the way down and like it so well, we stayed there again on the way back. Excellent accommodations and super friendly staff. We arrived quite late at night, but that was not problem. The area is quiet with lots of nice attractions around it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn D
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thanks for your kind word and time. i glad that you like new room. we appreciate your kind word for staff .I look forward to seeing you again .

Thanks,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We found Red Roof Inn after checking Tripadvisor because the motel we had originally planned on staying at was listed in bedbugregistry.com as having a problem. After checking the site for Red Roof Inn, we found no issues. The folks who reviewed this location were spot-on. Clean, clean rooms. Near restaurants and gas stations. Quiet. Decent free breakfast. Friendly staff. This was our first time there and it won't be our last. It's sometimes hard to find good accommodations when traveling from the east coast to Florida several times a year. Oh, and by the way, this is a pet-friendly motel that doesn't charge for well-behaved pets. Amazing!

Room Tip: A room located at the back of the facility afforded peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your feedback about our hotel. It is very nice to hear from guest has a good experience as it should be.I am very happy you enjoyed breakfast. Thanks for your kind word about front desk staff. we appreciate your kind word and time, Thanks,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My daughter, my dog, and I spent two nights, both going to and returning from Washington, DC, at the Staunton Red Roof, this past week. I got to know Ramish (Sic?) the manager, and several of the guest who stayed there. The staff was courtous, the food great, the rooms clean and spacious, and the service excellent. I intend to stay here often on my trips east.

Room Tip: We like bottom floor since travel with dog.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank James r
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My expectations were not too high for this reasonably priced hotel and the room we had was fair, clean, though the security chain was broken. The reason I will never return is that I witnessed a disturbing event at the front desk upon checking in. A gentlemen of color walked in and asked if he could get a room and was told that nothing was available for the night. After he left, less than 3 minutes later, another man came in (caucasian), and asked if he could get a room and was told it would not be a problem. Hmmmmm???? Make your own conclusions, but it was fairly obvious to me that discrimination is alive and well at this hotel. My only hope is that the corporate folks at Red Roof Inn will see this and dig into the matter.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
redroof706, Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thanks for your feedback about our hotel and also thank you for letting us know your concerns. I am very happy that you enjoyed your room and your stay. I want to assure you that at our hotel we treat everyone as equals. I am sorry that it appeared differently in this case. We are a minority owned hotel and are happy to serve everyone equally. If you would like to discuss this issue more please feel free to call the hotel and speak with us about it.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a 2 star, maybe a 3 star property that rises to 4 stars by sheer dint of effort.

The room was immaculate. Seriously, I have stayed in any number of places, quite a few of them much more expensive than this Red Roof Inn, and never seen anything cleaner.

The furniture was better than I expected, the room had a 'fridge and a microwave, and breakfast was exceptional. What sold me was not the biscuits and gravy, but the cinnamon and raisins for the oatmeal.

Any place could be improved, and I wish this one had better TV reception and a faster internet connection. So it doesn't quite rate 5 stars.

One word of warning: if you are traveling with a pet, call the motel directly and let them know your travel plans. Although Red Roof Inn is pet friendly, this place is quite popular, and they will be better to accommodate you if you give them friendly 'heads-up'

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spike_Spiegel_47
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

we are working on for better TV reception and a faster internet connection. Wright now we don't have cable service available but cable company bring service some time soon. please accept my sincerest apologies.

Thanks, Regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Checked in on Wed October 9th and front desk staff was very pleasant. We we're put in a room in the back far end of the motel. Went in unpacked and looked around. The air conditioning unit and floor was full of leaves. The bath tub and bath mat were full of leaves. The furniture was thick with dust. Then we saw the Stink Bugs on the ceiling, walls, bed etc. the icing on the cake: a mouse ran across the room from behind the fridge. We quickly packed went to front desk and asked for a refund. The attendant was very apologetic and re credited my account and at my request cancelled led the reservation for our return through the area. I have never been in a place so disgusting and have stayed in other Red Roof Inns that were very clean. This one should be closed down.......AVOID this place unless you want to sleep with bugs and vermin !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Staunton Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

I am very sorry you had to encounter the issue with Stink Bugs. They are at epidemic proportion in PA- MD-RI-DE-and Va. It is not only an issue in the hotels but in all of our homes and other businesses There really is no way of controlling them as we have tried. As soon as the weather cools they are gone

Thanks,Regards,