“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This property is very comfortable, clean, well equipped and inviting. The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating - more than most other places we have stayed in our 45 years of marriage and traveling. We have stayed here several times when traveling between Tennessee and Pennsylvania. We have never been disappointed. The cost is quite reasonable for the treatment and the ammenities. While there are other nearby hotels/motels, we choose this one for all of the above reasons. Good eateries are very close and shopping and historic Staunton are a short distance away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wanderlust018
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
July 27, 2012
Dear,Thanks for staying with us and for writing a review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean. Thanks for the kind words about friendly staff. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

i0706@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
wisconsin
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Room was clean, 60 dollars, and included continental breakfast. Asked to see the room before we stayed, desk person had no prblem with this. Restaurants close by and free wi_fi.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank twstdsstr
, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear,Thanks for staying with us and for writing a review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean. Thanks for the kind words about breakfast item . I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Nice place, not a 5 star hotel but if you need to rest your bones before the next part of your trip this is a good place. Free wi-fi, free breakfast and the nicest staff you can find. Not a Marriott or a Hiltob but not the price of those places either. Doors open to the parking lot and room had plenty of space. They seem to still be working on the final touches of the remodeling. Would stay here again if in the area.

1 Thank anonomuse
Dear ,Thanks for staying with us and for writing a review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean, and friendly staff. Thank you again for taking the time to write about our motel and sharing your feedback with the travel community. I look forward to seeing you again .

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I booked a room here based on the reviews on this site and would say that It was just what I expected and I was not disappointed. It is an older property going through various stages of renovation. The rooms are pretty small and the decor is a bit dark but my room was clean, included a microwave and fridge, and everything worked. It was quiet even though it was located near the highway. the check in service was really cordial and helpful. I had a minor issue with a sticky bathroom door, but the management here is definitely active in fixing problems and keeping the place up. This is not a fancy place, but if you are looking for a good deal you can not go wrong here.

1 Thank pkrchrds
Dear,Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you found the rooms clean, and staff is vary nice .We done some room renovation and we are still improving the hotel so you will be sure to notice even more upgrades on your next visit. Thanks for the kind words about the service . See you next time!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was driving through the area and spent a night at this hotel. The room I had looked to be recently remodeled and was very clean. I would definitely stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert M
Dear ,Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you found the rooms clean, and staff is vary nice . Thanks for the kind words about the service . See you next time!

Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Spent two nights here in May, as I used Staunton as my base for a short day trip to Washington DC. I had previously stayed at the Microtel Inn here, as well as the Quality Inn. The Microtel was full and I needed something closer to the main highway into town (US 250) so that ruled out the Quality. The weekend I was there, most of the hotels and motels in the area were either full up or had raised their prices to outrageous levels because of UVA's graduation. (Seriously, $250 a night at the Hampton? Do they think I'm on crack or something?)

I opted for the Red Roof Inn because of its reasonable prices as well as decent reviews here on Trip Advisor. The room was comfortable and clean. It had a microwave and refrigerator, which was helpful. Exterior corridors allowed me to park right outside my room; that is when a bunch of motorcycles didn't have the lot all jammed up. There must have been some sort of motorcycle event going on in the area because the place was full of them.

Location is just off US 250 near I-81, just north of the I-64 split. Some restaurants are nearby, and there's a lot of shopping and other food choices on the other side of I-81, toward town. Five Guys, Sheetz, Walmart, Chili's and lots more.

There were a few shortcomings, however, that when put together allow me to only give this an "average" rating although it was a nice place to stay. Water pressure in the shower was very low. The wi-fi was extremely slow. Not a lot of electrical outlets available for plugging in the laptop, charging the various devices, etc. And there were very few channels available on the television. I thought the price was a bit high for the venue, but I didn't have a whole lot of choice in the area on this particular weekend.

I didn't get to have breakfast because I was in a hurry to go to DC on Saturday morning, and slept late on Sunday morning.

All in all, it was an OK stay. If you want a clean room with comfy beds, and don't mind slow wi-fi, low water pressure in the shower and little to choose from on the TV, then it will be a great place. Would I stay here again if in Staunton? I'd consider it. There was nothing to make me not want to stay, but I know there are better choices in the area so it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank millenniumhwy
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I was happy to see that you noticed our recent renovations, we are in the process of updating all rooms. I apologize that WI-fi was slow.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We had another wonderful extended visit at the Staunton VA Red Roof Inn. The remodeling continues to be a work in progress. Almost new everything/everywhere. New and different bed spreads, new art hanging and the indoor pool renovation is well under way. The continental breakfast is very convenient with a very pleasant and well attended dining room. As usual, the staff and management were extremely friendly and accommodating. We will definitely continue to use this Red Roof Inn when visiting the Staunton area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Hodges,Thanks for staying with us and for writing a second review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean, and friendly staff. Thank you again for taking the time to write about our motel and sharing your feedback with the travel community. I look forward to seeing you again .