“Quiet Location”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Toronto, Canada
“Quiet Location”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was driving through the area and spent a night at this hotel. The room I had looked to be recently remodeled and was very clean. I would definitely stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert M
, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear ,Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you found the rooms clean, and staff is vary nice . Thanks for the kind words about the service . See you next time!

i0706@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Spent two nights here in May, as I used Staunton as my base for a short day trip to Washington DC. I had previously stayed at the Microtel Inn here, as well as the Quality Inn. The Microtel was full and I needed something closer to the main highway into town (US 250) so that ruled out the Quality. The weekend I was there, most of the hotels and motels in the area were either full up or had raised their prices to outrageous levels because of UVA's graduation. (Seriously, $250 a night at the Hampton? Do they think I'm on crack or something?)

I opted for the Red Roof Inn because of its reasonable prices as well as decent reviews here on Trip Advisor. The room was comfortable and clean. It had a microwave and refrigerator, which was helpful. Exterior corridors allowed me to park right outside my room; that is when a bunch of motorcycles didn't have the lot all jammed up. There must have been some sort of motorcycle event going on in the area because the place was full of them.

Location is just off US 250 near I-81, just north of the I-64 split. Some restaurants are nearby, and there's a lot of shopping and other food choices on the other side of I-81, toward town. Five Guys, Sheetz, Walmart, Chili's and lots more.

There were a few shortcomings, however, that when put together allow me to only give this an "average" rating although it was a nice place to stay. Water pressure in the shower was very low. The wi-fi was extremely slow. Not a lot of electrical outlets available for plugging in the laptop, charging the various devices, etc. And there were very few channels available on the television. I thought the price was a bit high for the venue, but I didn't have a whole lot of choice in the area on this particular weekend.

I didn't get to have breakfast because I was in a hurry to go to DC on Saturday morning, and slept late on Sunday morning.

All in all, it was an OK stay. If you want a clean room with comfy beds, and don't mind slow wi-fi, low water pressure in the shower and little to choose from on the TV, then it will be a great place. Would I stay here again if in Staunton? I'd consider it. There was nothing to make me not want to stay, but I know there are better choices in the area so it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank millenniumhwy
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I was happy to see that you noticed our recent renovations, we are in the process of updating all rooms. I apologize that WI-fi was slow.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We had another wonderful extended visit at the Staunton VA Red Roof Inn. The remodeling continues to be a work in progress. Almost new everything/everywhere. New and different bed spreads, new art hanging and the indoor pool renovation is well under way. The continental breakfast is very convenient with a very pleasant and well attended dining room. As usual, the staff and management were extremely friendly and accommodating. We will definitely continue to use this Red Roof Inn when visiting the Staunton area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Hodges,Thanks for staying with us and for writing a second review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean, and friendly staff. Thank you again for taking the time to write about our motel and sharing your feedback with the travel community. I look forward to seeing you again .

Riverside, California
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This Red Roof Inn is an average motel at average price. The staff is friendly. I can recommend for anyone. Clean and quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Suffolk,Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you found the rooms clean, and staff is vary nice .We done some room renovation and we are still improving the hotel so you will be sure to notice even more upgrades on your next visit. Thanks for the kind words about the service . See you next time!

Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just stopped here overnight for a second time, driving back home from a family visit to Massachusetts. It's the nicest Red Roof Inn we've ever stayed at. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very nice. The continental breakfast was an extra plus, offering bagels, toast, mini muffins/donuts, three kinds of cereal, juice and coffee, just enough to get you on the road. The coffee was good and the breakfast area was kept clean and stocked. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear,Thanks for staying with us and for writing a review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean, cozy and convenient. Thanks for the kind words about breakfast item . I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Vinton, VA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Rooms are always clean and comfortable...staff is very accommodating and friendly. I stay here regularly for business and have never been disappointed. I work night shift and they are the only hotel who has been willing to work with that and allowed me to do early check ins. It is nice to walk in and they remember me from my last visit. I will continue to be a regular at this hotel. Price is right, the area is quiet and has all the conveniences you need close by, being a female travelling alone it is nice to feel safe and secure. They are super fast when responding to requests also...I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Guest,Thank so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience online with others. I am so happy to hear you are a loyal guest here and look forward to continuing to welcome you back here. I am glad to hear the renovation are to your likings and we are still improving the hotel so you will be sure to notice even more upgrades on your next visit. Thanks for the kind words about the service . See you next time!

Deland,Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We found this inn by way of a coupon. It was comfortable and quiet. The room was large and clean. The beds were nice. The breakfast was just ok if you eat carbs and gluten. We took a little coffee in the morning and continued on our way feeling well rested.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family