“A little rough around the edges, but a good value”

Red Roof Inn Staunton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed May 4, 2012

When we're passing through this way and we have our dogs with us this motel has become a regular stop. Nothing fancy at all, but reasonably clean and dog friendly. We usually pull in late at night and leave early in the morning. We've never seen the pool open and it looks pretty nasty.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Dear brain, Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are renovating pool area so looks dirty ,but note that the pool has not been opened since we joined RRI in 2009 year.We are planning to open it again in September months and . I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed there about 1 year ago in the middle of major renovations. The renovations are done and they did a nice job. However, the indoor pool was still closed for renovations. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The continental breakfast could use some upgrading. Donuts and muffins, no cheese or yogurt. Too bad.

Room Tip: Please note that all King rooms are upstairs. If that is an issue, chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Millie,Thanks for staying with us and for writing a review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean, and friendly staff.but note that the pool has not been opened since we joined RRI in 2009 year.We are planning to open it again in September months and we have king room down stair but we don't allowed pet in this room these why you have to go upstairs. I apologize that pool was not open. Thank you again for taking the time to write about our motel and sharing your feedback with the travel community. I look forward to seeing you again .

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Each year when we return north from our winter stay in Florida, we seek out this hotel and location because they are consistently excellent. The rooms are well lighted and management is in the process, every time we visit, of "updating" so there is constant improvement. Very clean and a great WiFi connection. Front desk employees are helpful, knowledgeable and ready to assist.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This Red Roof was okay. It was old and needed updating. The rooms were clean, but I always check for bed bugs. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was okay. It was a nice place to stop when you need sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the travel coupon to get a better rate.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Nancy, Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you found the rooms clean, and staff is vary nice .We done some room renovation and we are still improving the hotel so you will be sure to notice even more upgrades on your next visit. Thanks for the kind words about the service . See you next time!

Reviewed March 6, 2012

We travel from Tn. to Washington DC quite frequently. We try to stay at Red Roof because for every 10 stays, we get a free one. Staunton is not quite half way, but we loved the hotel from the first stay. We have a dog and they have plenty of room for her to run. The rooms are always clean and everything usually works. This time however, we had a problem. If you have booked on line, you will probably have noticed that after you have filled everything in, including the date of stay, and then you check the room prices, the date of stay will automatically refer back to its original date. If you did not notice this and correct it, you will be in trouble. That's what happened to me. When we got to Staunton, Tabitha, the wonderful woman at the front desk, told me that I should have been there the night before! I looked at our reservation and sure enough, it had done it to me again! I was upset. We are on a fixed income and cannot afford a room that we did not use. I told Tabitha that I was going to write to Red Roof and see if I could get our money back. In our room, I was sitting down to the computer to begin to write to Red Roof when our phone rang. It was Tabitha. She had taken it upon herself to call her manager and the two of them proceeded to get us a refund! Besides being a clean, reasonably priced and great hotel, you cannot beat the staff! Tabitha remembers us every time we arrive, is always friendly and now, we know that she will go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that the guests are happy. We will never go anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
redroof706, Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

March 7,2012
Dear Darlene b, Thanks for staying with us and for writing a review online for others to read. I am so happy to hear you like the renovations and find us to be clean, cozy and convenient. Thanks for the kind words about Tabitha, I will be sure she reads this too! I . I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I regularly select Red Roof Inns, and they are consistently a good value, being clean and reasonably priced. This particular inn is exceptionally fine. I was delighted to find a coffee maker in the room, inasmuch as other Red Roof Inns have begun not having them in the lower price rooms. The staff are always friendly and courteous, and above all, accommodating. This my favorite place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
redroof706, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

M,arch 7 2012,
Dr Preston Rowe, Thank so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience online with others. I am so happy to hear you are a loyal guest here and look forward to continuing to welcome you back here. I am glad to hear the renovation are to your likings and we are still improving the hotel so you will be sure to notice even more upgrades on your next visit. Thanks for the kind words about the service . See you next time!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stopped at this Red Roof Inn on the way home from Virginia. The price with the coupon from the hotel coupon circular was very reasonable. The young woman at the desk was very friendly and knowledgeable, particularly about area restaurants. Try Texas Steakhouse if you are in the area, you won't be disappointed.

The room was pleasantly decorated in shades of burgandy & tan. The bed was comfortable. The pillows were a bit flat, but using two worked just fine. The room was very clean, well vacuumed, and no dust. The bathroom appeared to have been recently renovated, and was clean as well. There was a working fridge, microwave, and an older tube TV. And the heat was already turned on in the room, which was wonderful. It was in the upper 20's the night I was there. The motel I stayed at the previous night did not have the heat on in the room, and even though I turned it on, it was cold all night.

The rooms are very well soundproofed, so there is no noise from the neighboring rooms TV's. My only problem was a clicking noise that either the fridge or microwave made frequently during the night, which startled me. All in all it was a pleasant stay, and I would not hesitate to stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Willow1400
redroof706, Manager at Red Roof Inn Staunton, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I was happy to see that you noticed our recent renovations, we are in the process of updating all rooms. I apologize that your pillow seemed a bit flat, on your next visit please let us know if you would like a different pillow or just a couple extra pillows. We want your stay with us to be the best that it can be.