“Good value for the accomodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Staunton

Motel 6 Staunton
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
OC, NJ
“Good value for the accomodations”
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Older motel, but the rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, and a good dog walking area. It seemed that half the guests had dogs. It's not plush, but it is a good value for the money.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Powhatan VA
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I stayed here just one night and was VERY impressed.. When I walked in the room it literally sparkled, kudos to "Dilly" the maid for that--good job!! Everyone I dealt with was courteous/helpful when I had questions about restaurants/stores etc.---No it doesn't have a restaurant on site--no it's not next to a gas station and yes I guess you could say it's "remote"---Remote IMO usually translates into "quiet" and that it was !! It's located next to I-81--I'm guessing I drove 4-5 miles to food/gas, so for me no problems there. I don't usually write reviews ,but after reading some of the negative reviews I felt I owed it to this particular Quality Inn to say--"GOOD JOB GUYS"---I'll be back next year !!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Charleston, SC
Reviewed May 18, 2009

While the price was reasonable, this property is poorly maintained. The exterior is in great need of powerwashing and painting. The stairs are rusty, the windows dirty. It looks like it has not been cared for in years!
The bed was comfortable and the room reasonably clean, but the carpet needed replacing, and the toilet rain constantly. As mentioned buy others, the a/c unit produced a loud rattle. The free breakfast was a joke! Coffee and milk were nearly out and the desk clerk (the only employee seen) did not check on them. The "egg patties" were cold.

I did not have trouble with a wireless signal, but i did have to exit and reopen my browser frequently because the log on had an apparent time limit.

I hope the owner will see this and cares enough to get this property in better shape!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Staunton hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2008

I have stayed here a few times, most recently in May 2008. Older property, but pretty well maintained. Exterior corridors, 2 story with no elevator. Although it's right on the interstate, there's nothing around the property except fields so it seems kind of remote. Travelers who are extra security concious need to keep that in mind. Check in was very friendly, much friendlier than check out. Room was clean and comfortable, usual amenities plus a microwave and fridge. Pillows and mattress were comfortable. Lousy Wi-Fi, good signal but it was so slow I couldn't even use it and I tried with 2 different laptops. Called the front desk, the clerk hadn't received any other complaints. Next morning around 8:30 I tried it again and it was working fine. Guess someone came in who knew how to re-set the routers. More and more this is becoming an issue at these economy motels. They used to have a breakfast room, now it's in the lobby, very skimpy but better than nothing. I was out of toothpaste so I went to the front desk for a complimentary pack; the clerk (I suspect she's a member of the owner's family) was totally unfriendly then and at checkout. Overall an OK stay except for the internet issue and I had a good rate. If you just need a clean comfortable place to put your head for one night this should do just fine.

• Liked — Great Rate
  • Disliked — Very Slow Internet
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rocknrun
Delaware
Reviewed October 21, 2007

My wife and I recently stayed for two nights at the Quality Inn in Staunton, Virginia. We were in the area to visit our daughter in Charlottesville, but due to the homecoming football game, we could not get a room anywhere close. We "settled" for the Quality Inn in Staunton and were very pleasantly surprised. Although the facility is older, and this is obvious when looking at it's exterior, we found the room to be very comfortable. The best thing was that the room was kept cleaner than some we have stayed in at more expensive hotes. Not only was the room very clean, but the beds were very comfortable as well. The staff was also friendly and efficicient. The "free" breakfast was not much, but overall we found our stay to be very pleasant. We would not hesitate to book the Quality Inn in Staunton again.

• Liked — Cleanliness of rooms for budget oriented motel
  • Disliked — Older facility - "Free" breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff R
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We had a $48 discount rate -- & pitied the poor fool who checked in right after us & paid the $72 rack rate -- it certainly wasn't worth that. I'd call this a motel rather than a hotel -- it had all exterior corridors. The outside landscaping was nice, though. The room was pretty large (but may have seemed so partly because it contained double beds rather than queens). It was clean, but needs rehab -- the carpet shows wear at the seams, the tub had been refinished but the coating was chipping & peeling (about a third of it had peeled off). The bathroom wallpaper was peeling badly at the seams, especially behind the door, and what looks like black mildew was visible where it was peeling off. The advertised WiFi signal was too weak in the rooms. We and at least 2 other guests had to bring our laptops to the lobby to get a signal. Front desk clerk was very friendly, but . . . another guest came to the desk to ask for an extra set of sheets (ours is not to wonder why . . .) but were told that none were available. Yet another guest was overheard on the phone asking for help getting an outside line from their room phone. The clerk told them how, but they soon called back because it still wasn't working. The clerk didn't know why it wasn't working -- her only idea was to come to the lobby & call from there. The room heater/AC fan was noisy. The hot water was OK at night, but at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday 2 of us tried to shave & shower but the hot was running out. The 2nd one had a totally cold shower. The unimaginative breakfast consisted of hard boiled eggs, blueberry muffins, white bagels & bread to toast, peanut butter, cream cheese, margarine, & Jelly; whole & 2% milk, 2 kinds of cereal, 3 kinds of juice, & coffee. We were in town to see a Shakespeare play at the Blackfriar's Playhouse, which was delightful. We would definitely get a different hotel next time, though.

• Liked — our $48 discount rate
  • Disliked — See our comments -- there's got to be a better place to stay in Staunton.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eagle, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2007

The room was very clean but beginning to be a little shabby. There was a gap around our outside door that showed a good deal of daylight. The beds were very hard doubles with sheets that barely covered them making it very difficult for two people to stayed covered while sleeping. The air conditioner worked well cooling the room but sounded like it was about to fly apart. Breakfast is offered but on our first morning they had run out of almost everything by 8 a.m. and couldn't be restocked until a truck arrived later in the day. The next morning there was a fair assortment of breakfast foods and plenty of seating in the dining room.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Beds
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family