Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
Free cancellation until 02/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$60
Hotels.com$60
FindHotel$60
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2016

The only thing on this side of the interstate. The other side also only has hotels. The motel is located beside a beautiful field. But it's also located right beside the interstate, so you do hear the interstate noise. There are gas stations and restaurants at the exits before and after this one. The motel itself has 24 hour coffee and hot water, a vending machine, and a microwave located in the lobby and not in your room. The room does not have a fridge or coffee maker. The room is quite outdated. Large tube tv. Extremely old ac unit. Old curtains and carpet. But the carpet was clean and I wasn't afraid to walk on it. Old table and chairs. The bed was slightly uncomfortable, the mattress felt old. And the pillows, they were thin and small. The 2 pillows on the bed would not equal the size of just 1 standard sized pillow. I actually had to go to Walmart and purchase a pillow for the weekend. The bathroom was clean, but old as well. The shower surround had nice, clean grout. The water pressure and hot water were excellent. The towels were extremely thin and barely dried my hair.

The hotel is undergoing renovations. They have a construction schedule located on the front door, which was not followed. They are supposed to start work at 9am on Sundays, but they started using drills and saws at 7:20am. Woke me right up. I was not happy. The outside is old and also undergoing construction. The stairs are external, as are the hallways. You will be subjected to the weather getting to your room. The parking is convenient, and you can park rather close to your room, even if you are on the second floor. There is the field beside the motel, and a pool in the courtyard. Seems like the perfect spot. I think once the renovations are completed, this will be a reasonable place to stay. The price wasn't bad considering you are getting the bare minimum. The staff was quick with check in and check out. I can't imagine staying here longer than just a weekend, so I wouldn't recommend it for more than that.

Room tip: Rooms do not have refrigerators. No elevator. Small tiny pillows, bring your own!
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Checked in around 7PM - first try at entering room and key didn't work. Front desk attendant came with us to room to ensure we would get in by showing us you had to pull the door towards you in order for lock to work. Room smelled of a bathroom upon entering, a clean bathroom, but nonetheless it was a strong odor of bleach cleaner. There was a connecting door between rooms and we could hear our neighbors a little too well. There was a fridge and microwave and little sitting area to eat, which was nice. When we got up to hit the road at 3AM there was a number of unsavory characters in the parking lot. But all in all, for the price I would probably stay here again if I needed some quick shut eye.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2016

With AARP- the best price in the area! The beds are comfy! It is only 5-10 mins. to Staunton and the Walmart. The staff is very friendly and I always love the bold coffee. Some rooms have mountain views. Rooms are good size!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2016

I stayed at this Motel 6 for one night while traveling through Virginia on my way to Tennessee. I chose it because of its price -- $56 including taxes -- and close proximity to Interstate 81. I booked over the phone the day before and the receptionist wasn't necessarily rude but was more unprofessional on the phone, answering "yup" to some of my questions. As others have noted in their reviews, the rooms were nice but definitely far from spotless in terms of cleanliness. I found long hair throughout the bathroom, including one long strand around the tub faucet (how do you miss that when cleaning?). The pillow cases had stains on them and the bed sheets has tears and burn holes. Motel 6 is a billion dollar company, I'm sure they could get this branch some new linens. The tv channel guide, which was just a piece of paper with the channels listed, was all crumpled and torn. This kind of thing isn't a bit deal but it is something that the guests notice. Overall I would stay at this Motel 6 again strictly because of its cheap price and location.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Positive is it was cheap. I wasn't expecting the ritz for that price.

A few negatives which I'm sure you could get over but they were just annoying!

Toilet didn't flush properly or refill
Half a roll of toilet roll in the room-haven't been to many places where they don't give a "spare"
A king size bed with 3 half size flat pillows that cover half the width of the bed-there's no point having a king size if you only have pillows the width of a double. They were also very flat which gave me a bad back.
Beetle like bug was there to welcome us when we arrived but I guess that can't be helped in an older building on the ground floor.
You could hear everything from the room next door
It felt a little sketchy at night, with a police car circling around with his lights off looking for something
Close to road so you could hear trucks all night

But aside from all that, we did only pay $55 for the night so that is the bottom line. Would have just been nice to use the toilet without having to ration the paper!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank meeshnips