“Do not stay here, manager is horrible,no customer service skills what so ever”
Review of Motel 6 Staunton

Motel 6 Staunton
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Do not stay here, manager is horrible,no customer service skills what so ever”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I checked in and had a week long reservation. My room was in one of the back buildings. I drove around the back and parked and unloaded my belongings. I went out for awhile and returned to find that my car was gone. I called management, I was told that my vehicle was towed but they couldn't tell me where,because the driver was on another tow & they would have to call me back.
When I asked why I was towed, I was told that I wasn't suppose to park in the back lot and that there was a chain blocking the lot and that I took the chain down. I DID NOT take any chain down! No one told me not to park in the back lot when I checked in. Next morning, Went to pick up my vehicle. I happened to notice a Honda that was at the tow lot was the same Honda I saw at the motel, it belonged to the guy that towed my car. What a convenience that he & other employees of the towing company stay at this motel. I had to pay $175 to get my car out. The manager Shannon Taylor basically told me I was s*** out of luck. I asked who else was in charge and who I could call at the corporate office about this, she told me I was slandering her and to leave. She attempted to refund the rest of my stay( I was already charged upfront for a week's stay).Instead of refunding me, she charged me again. She told me she did this because I was irritating her. Now how was I irritating her? It was my car that got towed for some bogus reason. There is a scam going on here and someone is pocketing cash from this. When I returned from getting my car, someone had convenietly put the chain up and some yellow tape. I asked if they had security cameras to prove that I did not remove the chain, she said they did not have cameras on the back lot. So beware, this may not be the safest of places if they do not have cameras on the whole premises. I am also filing a complaint with the towing board and the better business bureau. I don't feel that I was responsible for paying the tow bill of $175. I should've been contacted before being towed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, it is not safe. They do not have cameras in the parking lots. The manager has n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank kathy b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The place is looking a lot better than it has in the past. The staff is friendly as is management. The rooms are affordable and comfy. I will be staying here in the future for sure.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rusty S
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff at this Motel 6 is friendly and nice, however, the manager is not. Upon check-in it was not disclosed to us that the entire motel was lacking hot water and had been for several days prior. We did not realize this until the next morning when we went to take showers. We needed to stay another night and were told there was no expectation of the hot water getting fixed. Because we travel with our dog our options are limited and we were forced to stay another night without hot water.
With all of that being said, the lobby was clean and nice. It's a quiet hotel and our room was very clean. I was especially impressed with the bedding which was more like what you would find at a "better" hotel. Although the hot water situation is a nuisance it did not make the stay unbearable. My unhappiness mostly came from the fact that management did not disclose the hot water situation to us or other guests upon check-in nor was a discount on the room offered. That is good business practice and would go a long way!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah F
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Foolishly, possibly, we booked without referring to Trip Advisor, or anyone else. Just found it on the net. We arrived mid afternoon, it looked okay, so we booked in. Drove to the Woodrow Wilson Library, had a look around town, did not see anywhere to eat we fancied, so called at Walmart for provisions and back to the room. The T V was fine, the room clean, nothing to complain about. Presumably as the Wi-Fi is 'free' its not corporate (?) However, the Wi-Fi neither worked in our room or reception, so we had to give up and book the following night by telephone. Hopefully, the new management are trying to improve things, we will probably visit again to check !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard T
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2013

WE had expected to stay at the Quality Inn in Staunton but upon arrival found that it is no longer in business. A Motel 6 is now located at this address, as of July 2013, and it was not one of the better Motel 6 hotels that we have encountered. We left before entering due to the clientele that we observed in the parking lot and the condition of the exterior of the building. Absolutely would not recommend this place based on outward appearance.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amy e

Travelers are raving about these Staunton hotels

Seymour, CT
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I decided to end a 10 hour day of driving with a stay in the Staunton area. I had no reservation. I had remembered seeing online that Motel 6 had a new location here, and having not been able to find reviews, I thought it would be "new". I had a weird feeling when pulling up and only seeing 3 cars in the parking lot. Nevertheless, I checked in for the walk up rate of $42.99. My room was non-smoking, at least that is what the door said. I stepped in,the room was quite warm. I turned on the a/c and was hit with a blast of cigarette stinking air. The smell was all over the room. The a/c blew warm air. The arms on the chair where black (I think the chair was dark red). The carpet had a weird look. I turned around and asked for a refund. You could not have PAID me to stay here. The front desk person was nice enough. Se asked why and I told her. She didn't seem surprised. This place is gross.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TrudyGinsburg
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I didn't have any of the problems that everybody else did. Four of us had 2 room for about $50 each. King rooms. It had a refer, no microwave. One of my major complaints at hotels is dirty rugs. The kind that you leave footprints in the tub. Did not have that problem here. Everything in both rooms worked. The rooms do need a makeover. It looks like they are trying to clean things up. The lobby showed signs of work being done. Check in was quick and easy. Did not see any hookers, cops or snakes. I probably will not be back unless the reviews get better. I have been in much worse.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends