“Disgusting”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Tampa, Florida
“Disgusting”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

During the warmer weather there are snakes that go under the air conditioners into the rooms. In colder weather there are snakes coming out in the lobby area. Black mold growing in most of the bathrooms which are not being cleaned with anything other than Windex. Room 100 has had mushrooms growing from the ceiling above the shower. Dishes are not being washed and sanitized properly. Leftover food is put back out the next day until its gone.Some of the rooms have roaches and brown recluse spiders have been found in the beds.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at this hotel. 96 Baker Lane Staunton VA
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 513reneet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Savannah, GA
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I have only stayed in one worse hotel/motel in our nearly thirty years together. The room smelled like feet. The beds were small, the pillows even smaller. The bathroom was nasty, it's door clearly needed to be washed down, and there was dirt in the corners of the floor. The wall paper was in the process of falling. The room is crying out to be gutted and completely redone. I slept with my clothes on, on top of the sheets. Even the motel's exterior steps were deteriorating in spite of many coats of crackling paint. If the room wasn't so cheap (and we weren't so tired) we would have gotten back on the road and kept driving until we found someplace more habitable. I honestly take no pleasure in giving any business a bad review, and normally don't bother, but the "Quality" Inn merits a warning to other travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ikondave

Travelers are raving about these Staunton hotels

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed overnight because of a meeting in the area. The lobby was torn up because of renovation, so I walked in to dust and noise and dirt... okay that happens... bad timing.

The hotel had a banner outside for 44.99 per night Mon.-Thurs. one person. I had booked for $15 more per night on choicehotels.com so asked for a reduction. The person at the desk said I had to ask the manager. Because I did not book with the hotel but with a service that takes a comission (I didn't realize that) they would only reduce by $8. BOOK DIRECTLY THROUGH THE HOTEL TO SEE IF THERE ARE DEALS.

The room was not all I wanted, dated by clean and with free internet access. The room also faced the innerstate but not too noisy in the room. There is a pool, not open in March, but I can't imagine anyone staying here more than they would absolutely have to.

The breakfast was practically non-existent. Only coffee, fruit loops and white bread. This could have been due to the lobby renovation.

Room Tip: You might want to avoid the innerstate side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank vatraveler050
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. It's run down and they advertise a free breakfast... They have cereal and toast; the lack of coffee with this free breakfast is absurd. :-/ The tvs are out of date and the wifi connects but is pointless because its throttled so badly that I'd be better off using my data at 3G speeds, much much faster.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank GSheffield
Raphine, Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We couldn't connect to the Internet with any Apple products, and the technician we called said they'd been having that "issue" for some time.
The breakfast was awful: Yellow discs supposed to be eggs, off-tasting sausage and milk for the stale cereal. There was one tiny Danish in the tray, hard as a rock, and the muffins weren't Thomas'. At 8 A.M. I had the last of the coffee in the carafe--no one filled it.
We stayed in an end room and the wall, headboard , pillows, and bathroom were so cold it was like being in a meat locker. This hotel is the cheapest in the area, but not worth the savings.

Room Tip: The Comfort Inn at Exit 222 in Staunton, Va is nice, as is the Quality Inn on the Lee Highway north...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CJE23e
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Myself and my boys stopped here overnight travelling from PA to TN. Aside from the fact that they gave me a rather out of the way room for checking in so late at night, it was a great deal. Inexpensive with my AAA discount too! The room was clean the bathroom was clean. A bit outdated, but it was perfect for what I needed. Took awhile to heat up and it was quite chilly. The breakfast area is kind of annoying as its crowded and a little oddly set up...but it worked perfect for what we needed. Good deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TJones15
Wilkesboro
Reviewed November 20, 2012

For the price I paid I didn't expect a fancy room.But I did expect comfort. The heat made such a loud noise that you couldn't hear the tv.It just worked on hi and lo. It did not operate with the temperature. I had to cut it off to sleep. The tile was falling off the walls in the bathroom and the cleaning lady knocked on my door at 8:30 on Sunday morning. The free breakfast was BAD. I'm not sure what I ate was sausage and the egg circles was like eating rubber. The commode did flush and that is why I am giving it a one star. No more Quality Inns for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends