“OK for a stopover.”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Tennessee
“OK for a stopover.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We needed a place to stay due to delays from a freak Oct snowstorm and this one was convenient and decently priced compared to others in the area. Property is an older one with exterior room entrances but room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast offerings were average with the scrambled eggs looking like powdered, they were all small pancake shaped and were just warm, not hot. Had a problem with the bath cold water faucet: it turned on but would not turn off as the splines on the valve stem were worn off and the screw was loose. The tub almost overflowed before I found a metal nail file to use as a screwdriver to tighten the screw and turn it off - that also suggests the tub drain needed cleaning out. There was no maintenance person available at the time. The fridge and microwave were nice additions and both worked fine.

This property is not located very near restaurants so dining out required at least a 5-10 min drive. The desk had a list of places and we ended up going into Staunton which turned out to be quite nice. Due to the college there, there are more places to eat and see than you would expect; it is worth the trip into town to look around.

Room Tip: Be sure to inspect your room to see if everything works to your satisfaction, especially the plumbin...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank etntripper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lakeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Upon check in, I asked the person behind the front desk how to get to town. (The town we were staying in) He gave me a vague answer and referred me to the poorly printed map they had sitting out. I wanted to get to the center of downtown where in a brochure saw that they had a nice park and some shops. I thought we could walk around with our 2 children and enjoy some time at the park. The front desk person did not seem to be familiar with the town at all. I later sent my husband to ask before we went to town for some better direction. He experienced the same thing and then luckily there was a maintence person walking through the lobby who was able to give some direction.

When we opened up our room after checking in, we found a huge black bug on the comforter. My son said it was a cecada, all I know it was huge. I sent my husband immediately to get us a new room. While we waited near the old room, a cleaning lady came by and took the comforter off, catching the bug and let it go in the parking lot. She said she would get us a new comforter, I told her we were waiting for a new room.

The new room looked liked it had not been cleaned in a bit of time, not that it was dirty from a previous guest, but it was dusty. It could have been wiped down regularly in between guests.

The breakfast was not as nice as other Quality Inns that we had stayed in. There were a few stale bagels and the eggs seemed to be powdered eggs formed into a circle patty. Not very appetizing looking.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jody H

Travelers are raving about these Staunton hotels

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I picked to stay at this hotel because they allowed us to bring our three cats with us (most hotels will only allow 2)

Though the property and the rooms were small and old it was all very clean and I was surprised at how much we were given. I was shocked that there was both a microwave and a refrigerator in our room. I've never had one come standard even in the more upscale hotels I've stayed at. The bed was also very comfortable, I'm 23 weeks pregnant and didn't have a problem falling asleep.

The swimming pool and lobby were all clean and well maintained. I am extremely impressed with everything we got for the price

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ladykyr
Union City, Tennessee
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here with out Motorcycle Group; "All Aero Ride". Good stay. BIG pool. Other than their WiFi being out, everything went smooth

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ACRanger01
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This is an older roadside property that has seen its better days. Coffee maker broken, chipped enamel in tub, carpet dirty, etc. It's located right off I-81 but in an isolated, quiet, safe area, close enough to Staunton to serve your needs. Friendly staff; pedestrian breakfast..

This place is a bit on the down side of average for a budget, exterior-corridor hotel but I've been to worse and for one night, you'll survive just fine

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, away from I-81
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank waldentenn
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We were quite impressed with this hotel. Great thought has gone into the decorating; the furniture--beds, sofa, chairs, even the chairs in the dining area--was VERY comfortable. The bathrooms were nicely appointed. Access was easy-off, easy-on the interstate system, and the area feels safe. Very nice stay

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 5pgp750
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 22, 2011

This motel is located off I-81 in Staunton, Va., It's isolated from the rest of the Staunton exits but not too terribly far away. It's easy to get to all the restaurants and stores the next exit south on US 250. The motel itself is very nice. The room was very nice and comfortable, wi-fi worked well even though I was on the back side of the building. Was able to park outside my room and there were no safety issues. Would have had a nice view of the mountains had it not been dark and raining by the time I got there. Very good shower pressure and plenty of hot water. Clean room, comfortable bed, fridge & microwave. Breakfast was adequate. They had sausage patties but no biscuits or muffins. The price was right and I will definitely plan to stay here again should I need a room in Staunton.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo