“Fantastic food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Gahanna, Ohio
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I really enjoyed this place. The room was large and might get noisy on a busy night, but it was fine on the Wednesday evening we were there. The waitress was friendly and knowledgable about the menu. She responded quickly to our requests and did a fine job. The food was the best part. They served a mixed squash bisque that was one of the best I've ever tasted. I had the pork loin which was tender and perfectly cooked. The flavors of the sauce and side dishes still make my mouth water. My dinner companion had the salmon and she said it was excellent as well.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Keith B

Lemoyne, Pennsylvania
“Another don't miss place”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Mediterranean cuisine (not pasta and red sauce) which is just delicious. Good wine list. A really pretty restaurant. Smallish but excellent selection of entrees and a much larger selection of tapas.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank geoffmcdowell519
Staunton, Virginia
“Prices are a bit on the high side”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I ate here and shared three different tapas. The food was delicious, the service was good, but the prices (especially the entree prices) are too high.

1 Thank dbae27
Virginia USA
“Not spectacular”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is a nice choice, alternative, in downtown Staunton, but hardly (for us) the spectacular eating experience reported by others. (For starters, we are not wine drinkers, so that rave for others has no bearing here.) We had four tapas, shared, plus a soup. The special soup (asparagus) had no sign of asparagus in the neighborhood. It was a nice cream base. The hummus was average - spiced slightly, but I've had many better. The crimini mushrooms were (by the menu) marinated - but I couldn't detect any marinade flavor. They were adequately sauteed, in oil and garlic. The mussels were "diabolo" - very nicely spiced. They were small (which is OK), but there were four empties on the platter - not acceptable. The sauce made nice sopping for the baguette slices - which is what mussels should always provide. Service was so-so - the restaurant wasn't full (at 6:30), so there was no excuse for our server not delivering a requested item a couple times (like a second beer). The manager (?) came by, and asked if things were good (2 or 3 times), which was fine, but she floated away each time beforef I could give any details. I'm glad this place is available, for an enticing alternative in Staunton, but it didn't quite live up to its hype. I'll give it another try, and try some other dishes.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank allanC39
tellysurf
“Quaint, Intimate and Delicious”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We lucked into getting a table without a reservation on a Friday night. It's a small, narrow space and popular around 6pm, so it fills up fast. We couldn't decide on an appetizer so the waitress recommended what they offer as a sort of sample platter. The olive remoulade wasn't amazing! For our dinner we ordered off the tapas menu: pita and hummus, chicken and peanut skewers, soup and another dish that I can't remember. We were not disappointed. We also ordered Sangria which was well made. A group of more than 6 might be a little hard to seat in this restaurant and you will definitely tax the the experience of other diners if you have too loud a group.

Next time we will definitely make a reservation because we don't want to miss out on the food. I will also order off the entree menu if my hunger was as intense as it was my first time eating there (servings of tapas are basically appetizer size). Attire can be casual (I was in jeans and a hooded jacket) but most diners are on the pleasant side of casual or casual side of formal.

1 Thank tellysurf