“India abounds in Staunton”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #19 of 135 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We Offer Buffet As Well As Dinner Menu . This Is Fine Dine Indian Cusine Which Is Located At The Heart Of Staunton Downtown.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This restaurant was in Staunton and had to close because the building was condemned. Now they ar back! Yea! I especially recommend the lunch buffet, a bargain, and you get to taste lots of different dishes. Menu changes, even on the buffet bar. Delicious iced tea, India style.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here several times. Wonderful in every aspect. The decor and atmosphere are great, nice and quiet. I usually order the tandoori shrimp and it is always great. Their basmati rice is wonderful and the garlic naan is delicious. The only thing I have had that was a little off are the mixed pickles. Way too salty! The owner is usually the one that takes our order and serves the food. He is super. He is never intrusive and very friendly. This restaurant is a place you could go for a celebration or a nice dinner with your family. A great addition to Staunton!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I have been fans of Indian cuisine for years. We travel rather extensively, and we have eaten in Indian restaurants throughout the US and Europe. This restaurant has the BEST food, bar none, of any Indian restaurant we have ever visited! Who would think that Staunton, VA has the best Indian food?! The service is friendly and my menu recommendations would be ANY THING - it's all delicious, but I particularly like the lamb korma...and the portions are very generous as well.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have been to many Indian restaurants and this is by far the best lunch buffet. Both quantity, variety and quality of the food is unsurpassed. I hope the move to Beverly street will provide enough traffic to ensure their continued success. the service was exceptional as well. I'm so glad to have this a ail able close to our rural home in Monterey, Va.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my first time back to Tast of India since they moved from the location next to traintracks, and they are still good as ever! My lamb pasanda was totally delicious, and the portion was generous enough that I had a later meal as well. The naan was outstanding, and the chai was great as well.
The new location improves things further, with high ceilings and more windows. (picture of Marilyn Monroe in the bathroom for added authenticity?) The staff is excellent as well, very knowledgeable.
I will be returning again. And again.