“Great lunch”

Byers Street Bistro
Ranked #4 of 132 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Schaefferstown
“Great lunch”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stopped here for a quick lunch; we ate on the outside/sidewalk area and enjoyed ourselves a lot. Service was good. Soup (a shrimp bisque) was good; our server us it was not usually offered in the summer. I would have liked some pieces of shrimp, perhaps, but the flavor was good. companion had a specialty sandwich which he enjoyed. Would go back again--recommended.

Visited August 2014

West Virginia
“Good Food, Good Service, Good Beer!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I chose Byers street based on reviews from Tripadvisor and I was not disappointed! Our meal was pretty good overall. We started with an appetizer of drunk shrimp. While tasty, I did think that they were a bit overcooked, hence my 4 out of 5 rating. My husband ordered the filet and really enjoyed it. I had the vegetable napoleon and loved it. Our meal also came with fresh bread, whipped butter and infused oil. All of it was very delicious. We had a couple of beers that evening with our dinner. They had some local beers to choose in addition to your normal ones. I would definitely come back here to dine again. The outdoor seating area is nice, but was always crowded when we walked by the restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
“Just a nice place with good food!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

But even that is getting harder to find. I started with a local IPA recommended by our very pleasant waitress. It was among the best I have had. Good fresh salad with housemade dressings. My wife had the sea scallops - a winner with five big tender scallops done perfectly. I neglected to ask what the house pinot grigio was and my wife loved it. My salmon was on a risotto blend and very nice as well. Outstanding service everywhere I looked. Lots of parking, we ate on the terrace before the theatre and had a ten minute walk to Blackfriars for a great performance of "Cyrano". We will definitely go back.

Bedford, Virginia
“Fun!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went here for drinks with friends. Super cute place, drinks were great! There was an acoustic band and they played great music. Overall, a great scene with a great crowd!

Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have eaten at the Bistro several times over the years and are never disappointed by the food or the service. The atmosphere is different depending on where you are seated, and the outside seating at night is great with a nice view of the historic downtown. This one of our favorite restaurants in Staunton.

1 Thank Chad H