“good food and atmosphere”

Byers Street Bistro
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
“good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a good place to get a quick dinner before going to the theater. My salmon salad was tasty and a decent sized portion for dinner. The fried green tomatoes were also very good. We shared them and I could have eaten the whole serving myself. The hush puppies were also very good. My son had the shrimp piazza and really enjoyed it.

• Visited April 2013
Jenna T, Manager at Byers Street Bistro, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind review!! I'm delighted you were able to sample a couple items from our menu and take the time to let us know how they were. We are please to have served you and look forward to your return next time!!

Maryland
“Good for quick meal”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We came here because we had been told that we could get a decent dinner quickly and we were in a hurry (had tickets for the Shakespeare theater). It was fast -we were out in 45 minutes - and the two Tex-Mex dishes we ordered (fish tacos and pork enchiladas) were tastier than usual. Good experience.

Jenna T, Manager at Byers Street Bistro, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to visit us while on your recent trip to Staunton before the Shakespeare play and also giving us your feedback. I am please that you all enjoyed your fish tacos and enchiladas, we look forward to seeing you again.
Virginia
“Another reason to visit Staunton, Virginia”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great menu selections from starters to desserts. Reasonable pricing and attentive service. Parking is plentiful in lot across the street. Bar on main level but did not visit. Upstairs dining room was comfortable.

1 Thank Kanisue
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Dinner at Byers Street Bistro”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Drawn in to the restaurant by the vegetarian option on dinner menu. We had hummus appetizer, which was very tasty, then we each got a "Vegetable Napolean", which had beautiful presentation, and we devoured every bite! Layers of crisp fried green tomatoes with goat cheese, spinach, and red tomato filling, topped with arugula, sitting on asiago grits, with basalmic reduction drizzled over it. Great creativity, taste, and presentation!! Service was great too.

Jenna T, Manager at Byers Street Bistro, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your superior review of our restaurant and food. We take pride in the food that we serve and are glad that we could meet your expectation that evening. We look forward to your next visit with us!!
Harrisonburg, VA
“Very disappointed...”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was disappointed in the food...not the fresh food that I expected. I question why in a resturant of this type I could not switch the cheese that was listed on my sandwich to another that they clearly had on another sandwidh on the menu. This made me think that orders are not prepared as ordered...perhaps some things were premade and frozen. They did not measure up to my expectaions and won't be on my list of places to make a return visit.

3 Thank VA0615
Jenna T, Manager at Byers Street Bistro, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for your recent visit with our restaurant. We take pride in serving food that is made in house, using all fresh ingredients. We strive to accommodate all of our guest request and I am disappointed that we failed to meet yours this particular day. You are correct in stating that a simple substitution on a sandwich should have been honored as this is the standard we have put in place. We failed to deliver in this instance and I sincerely hope that you will reconsider visiting our establishment again.