“Staunton's Local Gem!”

Byers Street Bistro
Ranked #4 of 139 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'm from Staunton, so during our Holiday visit to the Parents we went to Byers Street for dinner. I have to say I was expecting average bar food...boy was I wrong. The Cocoa Coffee Crusted Beef Tenderloin was AMAZING!! All four dinners were different, a burger, streak, pizza...all four were delicious. The staff was great, the manager (I believe) was engaging and humorous! I remember when that building used to be The Wharf restaurant. It feels like the upstairs dining room could use a little updating. The bar area downstairs is lovely with it's hard wood and iron railings. I can't wait to go again the next time we are down that way!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We are a touring Australian Basketball squad. I have led several tours and eaten in a lot of establishments but Byers Street Bistro just served me the best meal I've eaten. The service lead by Scott was terrific and our lovely waitress Blair outstanding.
If you're ever in Staunton Virginia you MUST eat here. Sensational.
Thanks guys. Craig

Jenna T, Manager at Byers Street Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you all for choosing to dine at our restaurant. I am so glad that you enjoyed everything, as did our staff enjoy you all as well!! Your enthusiasm of our food and staff is remarkably kind, and we look forward to seeing you all on your next trip through. Once again thank you and have a great new year!!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We eat at The Bistro at least once every couple of weeks! The main reason we go is for the Bistro fries and their awesome ranch. You can definitely tell when Stephan is not the chef, as he makes the BEST Bistro fries!!!!!!!! Chevonne, Nick and Allison are awesome!!!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were there on Friday night and had a pizza and a few drinks. We came in for some music. The band wasn't great and the music was really loud. The food was great, we had a pizza and some margaritas. The food was great, drinks were great and our server Justin was good. He was nice and fast even though he could barely hear what we were saying. Probably wouldve enjoyed it more with a different band.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We had a lunch of sandwiches and pizza, and it was great overall. The pizza was delicious and our waiter Jessie was very attentive