“A great meal, reasonably priced”

Byers Street Bistro
Ranked #4 of 132 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Harrisburg, PA
“A great meal, reasonably priced”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Variety----in beer selections, entrees, appetizers, and "pub" fare, and a good value. Lots of local beer on tap, a lively bar scene and a quiet dining experience upstairs.

Service was great--"young" but experienced service staff. We were suggested to try an appetizer (Eggplant Fries), which was phenomenal. The Shrimp and Grits is the chef's signature dish and is a real treat!

Lots of choices---beef, chicken, pasta, sandwiches, fish----Byers Street Bistro has it all.

Visited September 2012

Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“yes, another good review but a bit more about staunton...”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I echo all the good reviews. good food, service and ambiance. I had a vegetarian stack of fried green tomatoes, spinach, etc. on a bed of great grits drizzled with reduced balsamic and walt had enchiladas that he savored. but to go on about staunton...a darling vibrant small downtown with very eclectic looking stores. we were tired from the road and it was dark when we finished dinner, but we will definitely make this town a destination when we're travelling on 81 again and will allow time to wander this old railroad burg. I love 81! Bah, humbug 95!

Staunton, Virginia
“Love the Bistro!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We've been frequenting the Bistro since we moved to Staunton a few years ago. I'm generally always satisfied with my meals, and even when there is something missing/wrong, the staff is always quick to correct it. The live music on the weekends is great, as is the patio they have set up during the warmer months.

Visited April 2012
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had been here about 5 years ago and never made it past the bar area where there was live music playing. There was lots of pub tables, a couple pool tables and a dart board or two. The food was OK just typically pub fare but not somewhere that I would drive 30 minutes for a nice meal. Imagine my surprise when my GPS lead us here once again after searching TA for a nice restaurant with outdoor seating. I thought there must be some mistake...well the mistake was mine for not making it past the bar the last time! This was by far the best meal that I have had in a LONG time. Food was fantastic, atmosphere was great and service was top notch. If you are looking for a burger or pizza with a beer by all means stay in the bar. But if you are looking for an exceptional dining experience take a seat on the patio or on the 2nd floor (above the bar) and enjoy.

Washington DC
“Excellent chef, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I just got back from a wonderful dinner of blackened catfish with shrimp, sausage, carmelized onions, and grits. It was fantastic! The waiter recommended this entree from the day's specials and also recommended one of the local draught beers. Both were perfect. Staunton is really a pleasure - I wish I had more time to spend here because several other restaurants looked good too, but I think I chose the best one. I will want to return to Staunton - it is a great place for a getaway.