“Neat place with good food”

Ubon Thai Victorian Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 136 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I ate here with my dad and my brother in Staunton, and we are all big fans of thai food. The food was great, but I was most excited about eating outside on the porch with the view of the lily garden and the the mountains. The couple that owns the place waited on us, and they were very sweet and welcoming. Also, they are very accommodating for vegetarians - I assured that there were no animal products used in my meal!

1  Thank wahoo35

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We're new to the area and just happened to see a little news item about the restaurant and owners in the local paper. So we went! And it was delightful. The food was delicious; the owners were engaging; the setting was beautiful. We had homemade chips & sauce, Thai dumplings (best we've ever had), the crispy fish, drunken noodles (with sides of her spicy homemade sauces) and Thai beer. It was a lot to eat -- but it was lovely leftover as well. They grow their herbs in their garden, which is lovely. And an additional bonus is that they're open continuously from lunch to dinner, so you don't have to squeeze your meal into a particular time slot. They made us feel like family, and I expect we'll spend a lot of time sitting on their front veranda, sipping a beer, sampling more of the menu, enjoying the garden and their company!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Eclectic decor, loving and unique staff and very delicious food is how I would describe this establishment. It was a pretty evening and we sat outside on the front porch. They have a great menu and good sized portions, but a little pricey. For instance, a regular sized bottle of Thai beer was $5. I would absolutely recommend Ubon Thai!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very good food. Very kind owners. Down to earth and comfortable. It's like mom cooking for you only she is Thai.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Great food, met the owners, got a tour of the B&B, which looked awesome and I would recommend to friends or family. I think the restaurant itself and decorations could be either be more modern or more authentic (or both), and might bring in more people. But, main thing was that the food was tasty and not something I'd had before. Can't wait to sit outside, there's a nice gazebo area in the back. Highly recommend.