“great sandwich variety”

The Pampered Palate Cafe
Ranked #17 of 129 Restaurants in Staunton
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southern Maryland
“great sandwich variety”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

A little bit cramped, but a great sandwich menu. Lots of unique and interesting choices. Perfect for a quick bite. Good service.

Visited October 2012

Smithfield, Virginia
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This little restaurant was recommended to us at the Visitors Center in Staunton, Va. They know their restaurants for sure! The place had tables on the first floor and second and another room just for takeouts. You enter from the street from two separate doors for whichever way you are going to eat. We decided to eat in. The place was small but very well organized and even though the place was busy we got a table and were waited on right away. They have wraps, soups, salads, potatoes with a dozen different toppings, platters, subs and vegetarian items. We both ordered a platter that was a slice of Quiche, salad and fresh fruit. Great!!! The quiche lorraine was homemade and had several types of cheese in it and the salad was every type of lettuce EXCEPT boring iceberg. Which made it better for you. The fruit was fresh cut pineapple, mellon and oranges. One thing that I liked is you could build your own sandwich or wrap if you chose. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hot spot in the heart of town on East Beverley Street!

Visited January 2013
Sacramento, California
“Late lunch but lots of choices”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stopped in mid-afternoon after a very nice tour of the Woodrow Wilson Museum and Home for a little late lunch. The white bean and ham soup was quite tasty and hot, accompanied by 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich with a side of soup. A little light butter on the grilled sandwich would have been good, it had plenty of cheddar cheese. I gave the very good rating for the soup; good homemade soup can be hard to come by. The staff was pleasant and I thought the 6.25 price was reasonable for all the meal included.

• Visited November 2012
Staunton, Virginia
“Everyone loves the Pampered Palette”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great lunches: salads that are not drowned in dressing, creative sandwiches, good soups. Variety abounds. Good wait staff.

Visited September 2012
Alexandria VA
“Don't order a grilled cheese”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Based on the kind of cool vibe and wine laying around we got the impression this would be good. No.

We went for lunch. It took 40 minutes for our order. I ordered pita and hummus to share. It came one minute before my salad and friends sandwich. So who would want it then? And if it was homemade I suggest they just buy from the grocery store. You could stick a fork straight up in it it was so thick and dry and it would stay. I should have sent it back but the (one) server never came back and we had to leave because of the time.

My said was good - it was their special with apples but crammed onto a small plate so huge mess. My friend ordered the grilled cheese. What a hoot. Toasted bread with melted cheese in the middle. No grilling involved. But after sitting for 40 minutes you have to eat it!

I can't remember what it cost but i do remember being horrified considering how bad and slow it was. If I'd only ordered the salad I would have thought the place was good . . .

• Visited November 2012

Been to The Pampered Palate Cafe? Share your experiences!