“Delightful food!”

Zynodoa
Ranked #2 of 131 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jeffersonton, VA
“Delightful food!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is a first rate place, the food is wonderful and the service is excellent. We eat dinner before seeing the play at Blackfriar's and they made sure we were out in plenty of time. Hope to return!

Visited August 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Fresh farm to table and DEEeelish!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Enjoyed a birthday celebration dinner here while staying at the Iris Inn in Waynesboro. They were kind enough to work us in on a busy Monday night after making a last minute reservation. Enjoyed 2 great dishes - brined chicken and roast pork - from a very interesting menu. Great service - never rushed, nice cocktails as well. Will definitely return on our next visit to this sweet town.

Schaefferstown
“highly recommend”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal here. Locally sourced food, skillfully prepared. One of the best meals i have eaten in a long time. I was not a fan of the "middle" table in the banquette seating, but the food more than made up for my initial qualms.

Visited August 2014
Lexington, Virginia
“Ridiculous”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had reservations for 6 pm. We got there 10-15 min early - I would have waited for "our" table. BUT - they wanted to seat us in the back, right next to the kitchen and I mean virtually less than 2 feet from the window where the servers were getting their orders from the kitchen. The plates from the kitchen would have gone over the head of whichever one of us got that chair! They shouldn't even have THOUGHT about putting a table there. Totally squished, extremely noisy. I took one look - turned to the hostess and told her we had reservations and I expected better treatment than that. She said they had a lot of walk ins and were just packed. I told her there were lots of other places to eat in downtown Staunton, we had reservations and I expected her to honor them - or out we go. She got the maTonager and she told us, just too bad - the kitchen table was it so I told her to keep it and left. We walked 1/2 block down the street to Emilio's and had a MARVELOUS dinner, great service, super food, polite staff. DO NOT GO TO ZYNODOA! Rude and do not honor reservations.

7 Thank Dakota2037
“Delicious food and great service”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The food here is pricey, no doubt. But they are using locally sourced whole ingredients. Are food was delicious. We had the fantastic cheese tray to start, and one of us had delicious gnocchi. I will say, my salmon dish was paired with some kind of pickled greens - interesting pairing, but the pickled greens really overpowered the flavor of the fish. Dessert was also really good. Our server was pleasant and prompt. Sat at a table near the door leading behind the bar - there was a constant humming noise (a fan?) coming from back there. Pretty annoying. But overall food was good and I would go back.