“AWESOME FOOD AND IMPROV COMEDY COMING ON TUESDAYS!!! LOVE IT!!!!”

Clocktower Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #9 of 138 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great atmosphere, scrumptious food, and they will have a world-class improv comedy show that will be different every week---BEGINNING MAY 13th and running every Tuesday night at 8pm (ONLY 5 bucks at door) with an after-show party with the comedians to follow ---- you can check out the award winning group at groovecatcomedy.com.

2  Thank websterstudio

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have a fun adventure in Staunton, VA by dining at the Clocktower Restaurant & Bar. Delicious food, especially the pork rib eye with an awesome sauce! Portobello mushroom ravioli was great too!
Reasonably priced and within walking distance of the Stonewall Jackson and the Blackfriars Playhouse. Very attentive staff, excellent service!!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

To sum up this restaurant in one word, I offer WOW!!!

I had the ravioli stuffed with mushrooms, and it was incredible. I arrived for an early meal, and was greeted by a wonderful attentive waitress, who let me know that happy hour was on, and took my adult beverage order. When I asked about the Italian dishes, she said they all were homemade, including my order of ravioli, complimented with a creamy parmesan/alfredo sauce, which is still is making my mouth water. Together with a side salad, and some wonderful warm from the oven Italian bread, this made this one of the best meals I have had in years, AND the price with tip was very reasonable. (If I have to drive 50 miles out of my way, I will return.)
Before I left, the lovely lady who was, I believe, the manager, came over to see if I enjoyed the meal, and we chatted for a while about beautiful downtown Staunton, and the history of the buildings down town. I sat near the front windows to enjoy the view, and watch the pedestrians go by, many walking their dogs. One very important thing was relayed to me by the manager...she spoke highly about the two young ladies who were her wait staff that evening, telling me that they had a fabulous work ethic, so often not seen in this day. She also said the owners actually care a great deal about their employees, also not always seen. Kudos to them!!!
This is a dining experience you cannot miss if you are in Staunton. I have to return to the area in a week or so, and fully intend to stop back and enjoy another meal there.

Clocktower27, Owner at Clocktower Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review for our Restaurant.
We work very hard to make our customer’s experience the best it can be.
It was a pleasure to serve you and please, if you are ever back by, let us know
so we can thank you personally!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food was so so.. However, we did order an onion ring app that was killer! This seemed like more of a local hang out and not really accompdating to visitors. The staff seemed to hang around the tables chatting with just a few people. Next time we will visit another place.

Clocktower27, Owner at Clocktower Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

We want to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our Restaurat and would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have printed out your comment and have posted it in our Service Area to bring it to the attention of our Service Staff.
This is the first time we have ever received this type of comment so your experience was not typical BUT we do appreciate people like yourself to help us provide better service.
Even though you said you would not come back, we would still like to invite you to have lunch on us the next time you are in town.
Just bring a copy of this response and see one of our Managers.
Again we express our apologies and thank you for your feed back.
The Owners

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and really enjoyed the place! Great prices and great food!!!! Very welcoming and the staff was great! Def worth the trip on!!!!