“Nice surprise! Great food and customer service”

Clocktower Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #9 of 136 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at The Clocktower and enjoyed it very much. I had the crab cake and vegetable medley, my husband had the ribs. Both were excellent! The customer service was phenomenal from the time we entered until the time we left. Great craft beer selection and good selection of wines. Atmosphere was very nice, but not stuffy. We will return.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Called in for lunch.Got a table straight away,staff were pleasant. Good lunchtime menu,we had the special chicken wraps,which were really tasty and packed with chicken and salad.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Good menu and great selection of beers and wines while in Staunton. Staff is very attentive and you will enjoy your meal...

Reviewed August 16, 2013

After my last review of the Clocktower, I was contacted by the owner. He took time to address my concerns about our last visit. I feel that this effort on his part indicates a more positive indicator of the restaurant's customer service than I had previously experienced. The food is still good and I do recommend this place to any locals or out of town visitors.

Clocktower27, General Manager at Clocktower Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your reconsideration and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit!!
Jennifer Taylor

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I have spent the last year making Staunton our new home. We discovered the Clocktower the very first weekend we stayed here looking for an apartment. We walked in to a very nice atmosphere, gorgeous bar, an open and friendly floor layout, with perfect music playing at the just the right volume as not to interfere with our table discussion. The staff was very friendly and the food was superb. Since moving here, we've made the Clocktower our Friday night staple, and every weekend we are completely satisfied with our choices. We ask for the same waitress that made us feel so at home that very first visit, Jess S. (Although, everyone there is great), and know that it’s the kickoff to another wonderful weekend. We’ve tried just about every item on the menu, I can say with confidence, you can’t go wrong! My favorite menu item is the mozzarella caprese panini (John knows his mozzarella), and my wife loves the grilled salmon salad…But again, there is no wrong choice.

We’ll be there again tonight….Try this place on my recommendation, and if you're not thoroughly impressed, stop by my table and we'll have a friendly chat about what may be wrong with you :) And if I'm right, they also have a extensive bar selection, we can share some Rock Hill Farms and start the weekend the way it was meant to be started! Enjoy!

1  Thank The_Todfather