“Unexpected pleasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clocktower Restaurant & Bar

Clocktower Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #10 of 120 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Jumped off the interstate (I81) for a lunch break - wanted something local not a chain. Our first choice was closed on Monday's so we went walking through downtown Staunton and came across the Clocktower - glad we did. The meatloaf special was sold out so I ordered a Reuben which was probably the best or one of the best I ever ate. Service was prompt and friendly (Thank's Jessica) Definately will return to the Clocktower.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Steve E

Crozet, Virginia
“Great Restaurant for lunch for 1st visit to Staunton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We visited Staunton for the 1st time ever today and had a wonderful lunch at this restaurant. Our waitress was awesome, she gave great recommendations and made me want to try everything on the menu! She was amazing to my 3 year old son as well. The food was awesome. The roasted red pepper is very different from other roasted red pepper soups I've had before (and I've had a ton) but absolutely delicious and a pleasant surprise. My tuscan chicken sandwich was awesome and my son's kids meal was really good. Fries and Onion Rigns were great as was my dad's bloody mary that was well worth the midday drink.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank fotini75
Bel Air, Maryland
“Pleasant meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was our third trip to Staunton (since 2010) and our second trip to the Clocktower. I started with the corn chowder soup, which was creamy and had lots of roasted corn--a really good start. My wife had the side salad, which looked colorful, and appeared to have a nice variety of greens and salad fixings. We each had the smothered chicken, which started with a juicy grilled breast, topped with spinach, cheese and nuts. Both of us liked it. Finally, we shared a large slice of the peanut butter pie. With drinks, tax & tip, our meal was a little under $60, so the price was fair.

• Visited September 2012
United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Very nice building. Lots of history. so so food, service wasn't very good. waited way too long for our waitress to even take our drink order and there was only one other table of customers at the time.

Clocktower27, General Manager at Clocktower Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We are very sorry that this happened. This is not a customary occurrence at our Restaurant as you can see from our other Reviews. If you would please contact me via email, clocktowerrestaurantandbar@gmail.com, for complete details, I would like to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.
Jennifer Taylor
Kansas City
“Fantastic stop on our cross country trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We just stopped here after an 8 hr trip across Kentucky and West Virginia. This is a charming place! They have a great list of beers on tap. We had the BLT, bacon, lettuce and fried green tomato sandwich. WOW! It was really awesome! The service was superb and friendly. Highly recommended.