All reviews waffle house popcorn machine homemade biscuits room was clean waffles front desk staff parking lot the entire staff new jersey bed and pillows hot breakfast off the highway an older hotel sausage gravy hard boiled eggs staunton area an overnight stay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

We’re a traveling band and this hotel was a welcomed rest. The staff were all so courteous and helpful. On our way down to breakfast everyone we passed wished us Good Morning. Very sweet. The beds were super comfortable blasting four pillows each, and the room was exceptionally clean. Thank you very much for the peace.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

Our room was quiet,comfortable and clean. We stopped there after a 10 hr drive from Florida. Was greeted by Sheree behind the desk who was upbeat and made us feel welcomed. All I wanted to do was get in my room since I was tired. After checking in and talking to Sheree about places to eat I had more energy. The continental breakfast was good and lots of food to choose from. I would definitely stay in this hotel again coming back from Florida.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in our quiet, comfortable and clean guest rooms. We work hard to ensure all of our guests feel welcome in our hotel and receive exceptional service. Our complimentary hot breakfast is a guest favorite. We are glad you enjoyed the variety of hot and cold foods available. We are happy to have won you loyalty and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Staff was wonderful, so friendly and welcoming! Room was very nice, super clean, well maintained, plenty of nice fresh, soft towels. $10.00 pet fee for my Greyhound who is so quiet & gentle but many times gets judged based on his size. Great stay! Terrific hotel!!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Thank you for your kind review. We enjoyed having you and your dog as guests and are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our staff takes pride in providing exceptional service and superior accommodations for all of our guests. We hope we have won your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2019

I'm a frequent frugal traveler always accompanied by Mike, now a gentle old soul of a Chocolate Lab. Recently having been treated terribly by the cheaper chains -- Super 8 comes immediately to mind -- and so I've been experimenting with paying a little more attempting to have a more peaceful stay.

The staff at this property were locals and were very friendly and welcoming to me. And of course that's always a great start.

Then when rating a hotel stay, I list out the positives and the negatives in my head, and then look at the price charged. My room had everything I could have wanted, including a very comfortable bed and pillows to die for. But then I look at the $100 I paid and concluded I paid to much for amenities I would have just expected for considerably less money.

For example, there was a hot breakfast but certainly nothing special -- same powdery scrambled eggs, greasy / salty sausages, overly sweet juice. The pictures of this place are one of those towering building "in all its glory" -- but are tall hotels more guest friendly than the drive up to the door kind? Definitely not. And I could tell -- though a well maintained property, it was still ... old. Scratches on doors and walls, and that cigarette smell in the halls ... gave the place a tired feeling. I could faintly hear guests in next-door rooms.

So, quite the comfortable stay ... but I do feel I way overpaid for what i got ... at least for the Staunton, VA area. I think perhaps I would have given this 3 1/2 stars if the option was available.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2019

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your experience. We are glad to know you found our staff friendly and your accommodations comfortable. We know how important value for money spent is in today's economy. We are disappointed that you did not feel the money spent at our property was matched by the service, amenities and inclusions that we offer as part of your stay with us. Thank you very much for providing your feedback as we a constantly striving to ensure all guests feel every dollar spent at our location was worthwhile.

Reviewed February 21, 2019

I spent most of the summer working out of town. I stayed at this Comfort Inn. Hands down the best experience. The staff is hard to beat. All of them knew me by name. Even the staff you don't see is fantastic. This is my place of choice any time I'm needed at our valley office which is often. It's home away from home. Yes, that's right.
Next to the interstate, next to Sheetz for gas and Starbucks for coffee. Anything you could need, restaurants, grocery store, Aldi, even Wal-mart. All right there.

Room tip: All about the same. I prefer closer to the elevator.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

We truly appreciate your kind words. Thank you for your loyalty. It is our pleasure to continue to provide you with a home away from home when you are traveling. Our staff works hard to ensure all of our guests are taken care of and that shows in your review. We are glad our location near the interstate and gas stations, stores and restaurants is convenient for you. Again, we thank you for your loyalty and hope to welcome you back soon.