“You could do worse, or better.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This was a one-night stopover on a 10 day vacation. There is nothing wrong with this hotel--the room was perfectly clean (and I'm a neat freak), everyone was nice, and the price was decent. However, the hotel also sits next to a railroad track, and by next to, I mean that I could have jumped from my window on to a speeding train, if I were being chased by zombies.

Since I grew up living near railroad tracks, trains don't bother me; in fact, I think hearing them helps me sleep. But if you aren't used to the noise, it might drive you batty. And the decor is green. Not pale green, not hunter green--violent green. I hate green. But that's just me.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the train tracks!

Reviewed May 14, 2011

The staff was great on check in and with the breakfast service. Bathroom was very small, door just clears the toilet small. Tub drained slow due to a prior hair clog. Bed was firm. Trains run three or four times anight right outback. Easy access to I81 and a few good resturants. Not a bad stop over for a night.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the railroad tracks
Reviewed May 7, 2011

This hotel was clean...it was nice in the bedroom.-the hotel stay was friendly and helpful and kind..there was a Starbucks across the street- however...trains went by all night waking us up and I have never had such a horrible night's sleep my whole life! Also there was no workout room...I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

It is never easy to get less-than-complimentary feedback on a guest's experience at our hotel. However, all feedback is welcomed as it can be used to better enhance the guest experience for future stays.

Thank you for your very nice comments about our rooms and our staff. We do agree that we are privileged to have very hospitable staff that really enjoy taking care of their guests!

We are so pleased to let you know that we are working on adding a fitness room to this hotel. It should be completed within the next few weeks. Guest feedback like yours has encouraged the addition of this amenity to the hotel. We have also just recently upgraded our already deluxe continental breakfast to the delight of our guests.

Unfortunately, we are not able to control the train schedule but we are able to offer rooms on the other side of the building that typically lessens the noise of the trains as they pass.

Thank you again for your feedback and comments. We sincerely hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed here with two other adults and my dog. The hotel perk for pets (their own welcome treat bag) was a great addition. We were able to give one of the treats to the dog while we settled in. The room was clean, locate was very convenient, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The outdoor area for the pets was well lit and maintained. The addition of a microwave and refrigerator were very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank 524oscar
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We found the Comfort Inn VERY quiet, even though it was busy and the front desk was outstanding. The room was very clean and in order. I do agree with other reviewers that the square pillows, while okay, were a little odd. But what I really wanted to comment on was the alarm clock that had an MP3 line, and that is something you do not sometimes even find in a 4 star hotel. As we do not watch TV, the iPod was the mainstay of our visit. Thank you Comfort Inn Staunton. I left my neck support and we'll see how they deal with that and I'll update my review. There was also a refrigerator with a small freezer compartment that was perfect for storing our on the road food. Most refrigerators don't have any kind of freezer for freezer packs. And pets are only allowed in certain rooms- especially important to me as I have asthma.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lemon_Lyn
Reviewed April 22, 2011

The staff makes you fill right at home.I received help from the manager[Jewel].Stacey was able to help me with everything i need the front desk was great .The head of housekeeping Nancy made sure all my rooms was well taken care of since I have been staying here with my colleagues.From April 4,2011 to April 22,2011.

Room Tip: The king suites.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank letitride331
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We got there it was 11:30pm- midnight on a Friday night and it was our family staying there. I have a 5year old and a 14year old. The girls at the front desk were just very nice... My 5year old was sleeping when we got there and was obviously tired. The girls at the desk asked us if we would like a snack before going to our room. When we said no that we were fine they asked my son (the 5year old) if he wanted anything... They got him a cup of milk to go with some oreos that he had. While staying there we ended up showing up late for their breakfast that they serve in the morning multiple time and they were so great they completely let us sit and eat as long as it was available:) and the food was great! I have stayed at places were I have tried to go and even grab a piece of fruit from the breakfast place just a few minutes after close and they were like no we are closed. I must say I am very please with this Comfort Inn and would stay here again and again!

• Stayed: April 2011