“H.I. Staunton”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Cornelius, United States
“H.I. Staunton”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you are traveling through the Shenandoah Valley on business or pleasure, book a night at the Hampton Inn Staunton. The staff is great, and the hotel is close to great restaurants, the Blue Ridge Pkwy. and a number of local attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Lane W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Staunton for a night while traveling the Valley Pike in Virginia. I cannot praise the staff there enough. They were enthusiastic, attentive, and helpful. They gave great advice about restaurants and attractions. Based on that advice, my wife and I had an outstanding dinner at Emilio's in downtown Staunton. Breakfast the next morning, was just as outstanding: hot, delicious, and plentiful. Again, the staff, including maids, was just as attentive and pleasurable as they were the previous evening. The Hampton Inn Staunton not only maintains the high standard that I have come to expect form all Hampton Inn hotels, in my opinion it set the standard. Well done and we'll be back!

Room Tip: I prefer a room facing the front, looking toward the mountains.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. Convenient access to highway. The staff was very friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here or at another Hampton. Very good value and made a great layover stop.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Arlinton, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel is not in the old part of town, which is a drawback. You do have to drive to the hotel from the main street. I thought the experience was comfortable, the breakfast was great, and we were dissapointed that the pool was outside. We had a trip in April and it was too cold to swim outside.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Lynbrook, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We arrived at the Staunton Hampton Inn exhausted from a tumultuous (?) 10 hour drive from Long Island to VA. The young lady at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and helpful. When we checked in, she went out of her way to make couple of suggestions for local restaurants for dinner. She must have realized we were weary. At first, we found our room comfortable (or so we thought). My family and I went to bed fairly early (9pm) and were woken every time someone passed by in the hall. They weren’t being especially noisy, they were just talking on the way to their room. The walls were so thin that it sounded like everyone who walked down the hallway was in the room with you. Also, every time a car door was closed in the parking lot, we would wake up. It left me to wonder “Is there no such thing as soundproofing in these hotel rooms?” Unfortunately, my sleep was further distracted by the uncomfortable bed and pillows. If I wanted to sleep on a hard, unappealing surface, I would have stayed in one of the Dorm rooms we were visiting with my daughter! My entire family kept waking up during the night because we had to keep tossing and turning to try to get comfortable. Not what you hope for when staying in a hotel. I will say the breakfast choices in the morning were plentiful, just wish we had a better night’s sleep!

Room Tip: If you were going to give this a try, ask for the back of the hotel. Not overlooking the parking lo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank palomino62
StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I appreciate your insight on the noise level in your room, and am sorry that you experienced that. I do hope that you will stay with us should your travels bring you to the Staunton area in the future.

Best Regards,

Andrew Bailey
Reviewed March 23, 2014

If you have the inclination to visit Staunton for it's pretty scenery, historic background or just for business, you'd find no better to place to stay than the Hampton Inn. It's very convenient to all major highways as well as to the historic heart of Staunton. The staff is amazingly friendly and the price is great for the value of the facility. Definitely two thumbs up! I not only travel there for business regularly, but I was a previous resident of the Staunton area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank 758christiew
StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel, and for the fantastic review! We really enjoy having you as a frequent guest of ours, and look forward to your return visit.

Best Regards,

Andrew Bailey
Brookville, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We called en route near 9 p.m.; got precise directions, warm welcome, short trip up with luggage, cart available, clean room, GREAT comfortable queen beds, excellent bathroom. Especially like the policy about complete bedding change each day; cuts down on leaving with something unwanted. Breakfast good, unhurried, checkout a breeze.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple