“Staunton VA Hampton”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Harrisburg PA, United States
“Staunton VA Hampton”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Newly remodeled hotel. The staff is very friendly and I staff there often for business. The beds are more comfortable than anywhere else I stay including at home on my sleep number bed. I would not hesitate in recommending this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Hampton Inn was convenient and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The breakfast was great. My family loved the fresh waffles and fruit. The room was comfortable although if you will be using the pull out couch for a bed I would ask for extra pillows and a blanket.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Fleetwood, PA
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We did two overnight stays on the way to Asheville, NC in a standard room with two double beds. As per most Hampton Inns where we've stayed, housekeeping was good and the beds were extremely comfortable. (We really like Hampton's policy of using newly washed bedding for each client.) Climate control system was quiet and worked well. Unlike other Hampton Inns, however, our room did not have a fridge or a microwave, appliances I would generally expect in a room that goes for about $140 a night. The cookies served in the late afternoon and the 24/7 coffee and tea were great. Breakfast was fine for me as I had oatmeal and fresh fruit. My husband didn't care for the other hot items, which tasted very prefabricated. I think Hampton should consider another supplier for those items. The coffee was excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If reliable wifi is important to you, request a room close to the router. They are working on tryin...
Oakton, Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel has a large brakfast area and quite a good selection of the usual breakfast items. The staff is really on their toes here, and they are very friendly. I needed to mail something, and the woman at the front desk helped me get writing paper an envelop and a stamp and she even mailed my letter for me, letting me know exactly what time the mail pick up would be the next day. Our room with king bed and fold out sofa was so spacious we asked for a roll away bed so my two young sons wouldn't have to share the couch. Room had a shower but no tub, though, so be aware of this arrangement.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed two separate nights, one on our way and one on our way back from Nashville, TN. The beds were comfortable, the hotel staff kind and efficient, and the 24/7 tea and coffee were great! Breakfast each time was better than I've had at other Hampton Inns, so I was quite pleased. On our return trip, we won a drawing and were given a suite for the night. Too bad we arrived so late; would have loved to enjoy that room for longer. Would definitely stay here again! We were able to sleep well each night.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear of this hotel are more quiet, since they are away from the parking lot.
Surprise, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel so were the people at the front desk. Breakfast was an excellent...we enjoyed the variety choices. We eventually will come back and stay at this hotel since it is close to the Deaf School. Thanks again for making our stay very pleasant.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I made reservations a year ago through a third party on line travel service for this past May. I was going to my son's graduation at JMU so the lodging in the area was full. Upon arrival at the hotel, the clerk told us they did not have a reservation for that night and had billed us for an incorrect date. To our surprise we were told that they cannot guarantee third party reservations (i.e., Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com)!! I don't know of anyone who does not use these services. After multiple attempts through Hampton Inn I was unable to obtain a mailing address to voice my concerns and they refused to refund my deposit. The third party travel company reimbursed the money although they were not responsible for the error. I am very disappointed in Hampton Inns lack of service.

June J

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
StauntonHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Staunton, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Trip Advisor. Unfortunately, our hotel cannot be responsible for errors made by third party travel web-sites. We only receive the information that is put into the system. In this case, hotels.com booked the reservation for the incorrect date as this reservation was booked in March of 2012 for May of 2012. At that time in March, our system did not have inventory available for sale in May 2013, as our inventory rolls in 52 weeks at a time, and we could not honor your reservation due to our property being sold out when you arrived.

I am so sorry that this occurred, and our hotel will always make our best effort to accommodate our guests regardless of the circumstances, but in this case it was graduation weekend and the property was 100% sold out. I hope that you will book with us directly in the future should you find your way to Staunton.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staunton
Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Red Roof Inn Staunton
Red Roof Inn Staunton
#7 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Hampton Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!