“Very nice not expected”

Hampton Inn Staunton
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and the beds are so soft with tasteful decorations. The breakfast buffet had a pretty good array with so good waffles. We had to bring in our own luggage which I am not used to but the staff was friendly enough.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank maddy t

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was a great place to rest and relax overnight on our way to Washington, DC. The staff were very friendly and helpful. When we pulled in there was lots of hot chocolate, tea and coffee along with two kinds of soup and excellent oatmeal cookies. The rooms were clean and fresh and very comfortable. The exercise equipment was well-maintained. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kris w
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very nice facility. Helpful and courteous staff. We were upgraded to a suite which was very comfortable. The heat and air conditioning worked better than most without the typical blowing on you at night

Room Tip: try a suite
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael H
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Hampton inn in Staunton is a very clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Its has the usual hot breakfast but it was fresh and kept stocked the week we were there. The rooms are up to date and the beds for my taste were just right.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Arrived dog-tired in Virginia after driving from Florida that day. I tried the Hampton inn in Woodstock, VA but they had no vacancies. They checked on line and found rooms available at the Hampton Inn in Staunton, a mere 34 miles farther north. I arrived in Staunton and was greeted warmly. I was given a room right away with a king-sized bed.
My room smelled clean as soon as I walked in.; always a good sign! I really like Hampton Inns for their beds and fine linens. I wasn't disappointed. Ahhhh....
The third floor was quiet and I spent a pleasant , relaxing evening watching TV before calling it a night. I slept like a baby.
The free breakfast the following morning was great! There was a buffet with bacon, Western omelets, and sausage. as well as make-your-own waffles, cold and hot cereals,toast, danish, muffins, fruits, juice coffee, and tea. No one could complain they left hungry!
All in all, a very good experience!

Room Tip: Most Hampton Inns have a small rerfigerator and microwave. This room did not. If that is important f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Like most Hampton Inns this one held no unpleasant surprises. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was good but the breakfast room was a little small compared to other Hampton inns I've stayed at. The room was fresh and clean

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I loved this hotel! My friend and I went for a girls weekend to go to some wineries and shopping. This Hampton Inn was right off the highway and not far from the Historic Downtown Staunton. The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful. My friend and I wanted to go to the movies one night and there is a movie theater right across the street, but we couldn't get any info on line about it, so I went down to the front desk and asked, and they told me it was closed for renovations and suggested Zeus theater in Waynesboro that was only 15 mins away and it was great. We also ate at some great restaurants, Mrs Rowes restaurant in Wayensboro and Beverly's restaurant in dowtown Staunton. You must try the Cocoa Mill Chocolatier in downtown Staunton the chocolate is amazing. The breakfast that the hotel served in the AM was great. They had a wide variety of things to choose from. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staunton
Best Western Staunton Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 15 in Staunton
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Been to Hampton Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!