“Clean and Comfortable”

Hampton Inn Staunton
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Arrived dog-tired in Virginia after driving from Florida that day. I tried the Hampton inn in Woodstock, VA but they had no vacancies. They checked on line and found rooms available at the Hampton Inn in Staunton, a mere 34 miles farther north. I arrived in Staunton and was greeted warmly. I was given a room right away with a king-sized bed.
My room smelled clean as soon as I walked in.; always a good sign! I really like Hampton Inns for their beds and fine linens. I wasn't disappointed. Ahhhh....
The third floor was quiet and I spent a pleasant , relaxing evening watching TV before calling it a night. I slept like a baby.
The free breakfast the following morning was great! There was a buffet with bacon, Western omelets, and sausage. as well as make-your-own waffles, cold and hot cereals,toast, danish, muffins, fruits, juice coffee, and tea. No one could complain they left hungry!
All in all, a very good experience!

Room Tip: Most Hampton Inns have a small rerfigerator and microwave. This room did not. If that is important f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Staunton

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Like most Hampton Inns this one held no unpleasant surprises. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was good but the breakfast room was a little small compared to other Hampton inns I've stayed at. The room was fresh and clean

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I loved this hotel! My friend and I went for a girls weekend to go to some wineries and shopping. This Hampton Inn was right off the highway and not far from the Historic Downtown Staunton. The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful. My friend and I wanted to go to the movies one night and there is a movie theater right across the street, but we couldn't get any info on line about it, so I went down to the front desk and asked, and they told me it was closed for renovations and suggested Zeus theater in Waynesboro that was only 15 mins away and it was great. We also ate at some great restaurants, Mrs Rowes restaurant in Wayensboro and Beverly's restaurant in dowtown Staunton. You must try the Cocoa Mill Chocolatier in downtown Staunton the chocolate is amazing. The breakfast that the hotel served in the AM was great. They had a wide variety of things to choose from. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Pleasant and enjoyable over-night stay; room was excellent and staff was more than accommodating to anyone's needs. Breakfast area & staff next morning was great before heading out. I, most certainly, would have taken advantage of the fitness center is I had been staying longer.

Room Tip: staff more than helpful
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stopped in Staunton, Va. on our way home from North Carolina. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us recommendations for dinner (Mill Street Grill-excellent restaurant) and directions for the things we wanted to visit in Staunton. Woodrow Wilson Library was very interesting with a fun knowledgeable staff. Great tour given for the birth home of Wilson.

Hotel room was very clean, comfortable and meet all our expectations, Very nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good service, nice room, great water pressure in shower, free wifi, hot breakfast included. Was there for less than 12 hours but definitely met all my needs. Gym doesn't open until 8 which was a drawback.

Room Tip: May have to request a tub as this room only had a shower stall.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

No way could this staff/hotel been better. Large group - many rooms - all efficient but more than that - we were all treated unbelievably great. In for funeral and staff made it the best possible experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staunton
Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center
Sleep Inn
#4 of 15 in Staunton
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Been to Hampton Inn Staunton? Share your experiences!