“very friendly staff &housekeeping staff!”

Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I checked in mon through thurs am.. The room and bathroom very tidy and clean.. Really enjoyed my stay! Was kinda sad to leave to go back home! Would def recommend! Wi-fi was awesome! If ever on 81, check them out!

• Stayed: April 2013
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2016

Dear Pretty Good,

I was going through some things as the New GM and I noticed that we missed the chance to thank you for your review. Thank you and I aplologize for not getting back to you in all these years I hope that you are well. I am glad that you like the renovations and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Staying at this hotel was one of the highlights of our trip. The staff was terrific in making every effort to accommodate us. The rooms were excellent and the view of the golf course couldn't be better. There were all the amenities one enjoys in the room - and they all worked perfectly (reception on some TV channels was fuzzy, however). The meals in the restaurant were good. But the best part of the experience was how helpful the reception staff was - Mike, particularly! - but all extended themselves in every way. And last, but not least, they were pet friendly and allowed us to have our dog in our room for a very nominal fee. We could add more, but it isn't necessary - just know that you will be more than pleased with this hotel. Thank you!

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the golf course.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter J

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend conference. I'm not a picky guest, but in an effort to make the most honest review I have the following:

The dinner was provided by the event team of the hotel, and consisted of a salad, then chicken, potatoes, and green beans, and a slice of cake. The salad, beans and potatoes were good, but the chicken was too dry and hard to swallow. The cake was good but there wasn't much to it besides white cake with chocolate frosting.

The room was clean enough, though it only had older style wall temperature units and would only spew out burning hot air or freezing a/c, so we could not get the temp right. The beds were hard but had good sheets/comforters/pillows. The hotel is near the highway, and we had a room facing that, so we got traffic noise all night. Not a huge deal for us, but it might be for someone else.

Breakfast was served by the hotel for our conference, and consisted of eggs from a carton, hash browns, and bacon. The eggs were dry and plain, the hash browns were good, but the bacon wasn't crispy at all. We were still hungry after eating.

The conference was held in one room with a projector, which was perfect for what we needed. I don't think the hotel has enough rooms for a large conference though.

Breakfast the next morning was ordered from the little restaurant they have there, and was decently better than the catered breakfast. My eggs were fresh but drenched in butter/oil that I dabbed off with a napkin.

We also had a few drinks after dinner Friday and Saturday night, and found the prices of alcohol are a little steep for the area. I think our bill was about $40 for a few bottled beers and two glasses of house wine.

Room Tip: Choose one not facing the highway and above the first floor (dogs on lower floors).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brittanie G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Brittanie G,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. We would like to apologize for the over all issues you had during your stay and any inconvenience you may have experience. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here while getting repairs on home. Very comfortable. Great location. Nice rooms. Pool and bar were excellent. The staff was very attentive to our needs, even to the extent of bringing in a larger refrigerator for our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed in this property nearly a year ago, maybe more. That part was fine.

Recently I discovered that our card was charged again though we have not been back in that area.

This indicates to me that the place kept our credit card number on file. It's hard to see how this could be an "accidental" charge months after our stay. Beware.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KiryC
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear KiryC,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Now the best hotel on the I81 Va corridor ! The recent upgrades were extensive and very well done.The staff places an obvious emphasis on professionalism and hospitality. Hands down the most friendly hotel staff I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank SMaish

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I say "speed trap" because you are a captive traveler along this stretch of Hwy 81 with few choices to stop and are probably beat after a long drive. This is not a destination area. The rooms are way overpriced (189/night) and are poorly insulated for sound. Noises come from adjacent rooms and from banging doors heard up and down the hall. And for this price there is not even a free continental breakfast or a coffee machine in the room. The only positives are it is newly renovated and clean. Keep driving.

Room Tip: Bargain the price down.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sciwrite

Dear Pretty Good,

I was going through some things as the New GM and I noticed that we missed the chance to thank you for your review. Thank you and I aplologize for not getting back to you in all these years I hope that you are well. I would like to apologize for not quite making the mark during your stay. The reason we do not offer free breakfast is due to our being a full service hotel where you have the oppertunity to have us bring your breakfast to you as well as order what you would like to eat that morning. I am sorry if this was an inconvience during your stay. I do hope that you give us another chance in the future.