“ALWAYS LOVE to stay here!!!”

Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
pa
“ALWAYS LOVE to stay here!!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2008

This hotel is located right off I-81 just north of Staunton, VA. We travel ALOT and when on I-81 will purposely stay the night here. The staff make the stay excellant. They are old fashioned customer service oriented. Extremeley accomidating and friendly! I am picky about the bathroom and they are always clean here. No stains, hairs, or yuckies in the tub. The restraunt staff also fittingly super friendly. Also Kids eat free. Overall we prefer Holiday Inns to other hotels for the fact of customer service. But this one (Staunton Holiday Inn) out ranks the more expensive Hyatt, Hiltons we have stayed at. All I can say is- Holiday Inn Staunton is the BEST.

• Liked — The SWEETEST, most accomidating Staff
  • Disliked — Wish we could stay more often.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2016
Dear Pretty Good,

I was going through some things as the New GM and I noticed that we missed the chance to thank you for your review. Thank you and I aplologize for not getting back to you in all these years I hope that you are well. We look forward to seeing you again or my case for the first time.

Lisa Breeden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Though it WAS a priceline room, and about $50 at that, I was disappointed the minute I walked into this place. The lobby was unbelievably shabby (water stains on the ceiling, smelled smokey, old dirty furniture, etc.). Our room wasn't ready even though it was 2:30pm. Front desk clerk was nice though, and got us into a room as soon as she could. Housekeeping staff were also very nice. The actual room wasn't as bad as the rest of the place at least. The entire hotel was just WEIRD -- a strange smell, odd people milling about, stains everywhere, pool had a very odd set up, etc etc. I'd pick another place to stay.

• Liked — helpful staff - though they weren't actually able to help, they did try
  • Disliked — shabby shabby shabby (with no chic in sight)
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Dear Pretty Good,

I was going through some things as the New GM and I noticed that we missed the chance to thank you for your review. Thank you and I aplologize for not getting back to you in all these years I hope that you are well. I apologize for the hotel being is such a state. I would like to let you know that we went through a complete renovation in 2012 and we also have new kitchen equipment as well. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future

Lisa Breeden

Travelers are raving about these Staunton hotels

Alexandria, VA
Reviewed August 11, 2007

We only paid $45 for this room through Priceline, so we can't complain too much, but they do need some work done on this property. Rooms badly need a fresh coat of paint, mattresses are actually still pretty good. It's kind of a neat location tucked backed in a wooded cul-de-sac. Front desk staff was very friendly but the morning restaurant help acted like they had been at work too long. When I went in to pick up keys at about 11 on a Friday night, the smoke in the bar that was right next to the front desk was so bad that when I came back outside and got in the car my wife said "where have YOU been!" And I had only been in the lobby for enough time to leave a credit card imprint.

• Liked — Price paid on Priceline
  • Disliked — Room cleanliness (walls esp.) attitude of restaurant staff, Smokiness in lobby at night
  • Stayed August 2007

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2007

This was my third stay at this hotel and it was not bad, but not outstanding either. We needed three rooms, one for my mom, one for my kids and one for my wife and I. The person who checked us in spent a lot of time trying to find rooms that connected and she succeeded in doing so. The rooms were average but clean. The window in our room didn't lock and we heard a LOT of road noise from I-81 which is only a couple hundred yards away. If you are going to stay here I would definitely ask for a room away from the highway.

My wife and kids used the pool and I didn't hear any complaints about it. We had breakfast in the dining room the first morning and I think they were understaffed as it took quite a while to get my food that I ordered off of the menu. They were gracious about it and deleted my order from the bill without me even asking. My wife, mom and I went into the bar and got a drink each afternoon--not the cleanest place I suppose but the beer was cold and the server was very friendly and polite.

This was a good place to stay with the kids but when I go back to Staunton with just my wife we will probably stay downtown at a B&B. We enjoyed our day trips into Staunton, especially the tour of the Woodrow Wilson Library and shopping at the many antique stores.

• Liked — bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — highway noise
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family

New York
Reviewed April 21, 2007

We are Priority Club members with Intercontinental Hotels. So we often opt to stay at their properties because we are Gold members (we paid for the membership) and we are entitled to many upgrades, etc. This hotel was not just dingey...but downright filthy. The rooms were soiled. The cutlery in the dining room was soiled and the tables were covered with crumbs and what appeared to be dishwashing powder. We wrote this all to the management in the survey upon leaving. The real clincher into how bad this hotel is...when we went to wash our hands upon arriving, the faucet broke, but my husband fixed it. Upon leaving...the next day, the faucet actually disintergrated in my hands! I gave it to the maid who non-chalantly said...oh I'll have the handyman fix it. When I told the front desk what happened...the woman there said. Sorry, have a nice day! We wrote both the corporate offices of Holiday Inn and the property direct and no one to date has written back...we stayed there about three weeks ago! Save your money and drive on to another town!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — It was filthy.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Eleganceamust

rural Ohio
Reviewed March 1, 2007

Really liked this hotel. A little hard to find in the dark, but we managed. Employees were very helpful and extremely nice. The room had two double beds, microwave and refrig. Pet friendly, too. Lots of area to walk your dog. It was also quiet.

Stayed February 2007

NC
Reviewed September 10, 2006

Guess I got "the Priceline room". You know, the one next to the ice machine, stained upholstered furniture, dirty carpet, and walls in dire need of paint. Toilet ran all night. Window would not close completely and was next to interstate. I am sooooo disappointed with so-called 3 star hotels. This one was no exception. When I checked in at 11:30 p.m., desk clerk was so busy answering the phone, that he left me standing there for quite some time.

• Liked — Convenient to Interstate
  • Disliked — Condition of hotel.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Tarheel02
Dear Pretty Good,

I was going through some things as the New GM and I noticed that we missed the chance to thank you for your review. Thank you and I aplologize for not getting back to you in all these years I hope that you are well. I would like you to know that we went through a complete renovation in 2012 and hope you will come by and give us another chance.