“Great Enough To Write About”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel is lovely; the beds are super comfortable; the staff goes above and beyond! Continental breakfast was ample and the breakfast clerk was there to help and be friendly. Check-in was warm and friendly and the clerk used my name repeatedly. She even called me to make certain my room was fine. Her service was beyond my expectations and the whole experience was a wonderful oasis off Interstate 81!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I am very happy you found your stay at our Sleep inn so pleasant We strive to offer the best customer service possible.. Also our front desk staff does and excellent job of treating our guests with the upmost professionalism.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Best Sleep Inn I've ever stayed at. Very clean well kept hotel. 10 minutes after we checked in got a call from the front desk asking if the room was to our satisfaction. The breakfast next morning was greatly above expectations and not your usual Sleep Inn presentation. Will definitely stay there again when we travel in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am very happy you found your accommodations satisfactory and the staff met you needs. We do strive to offer our guest the very best customer service and would hope all other Sleep Inn and Choice properties would staifiy youir lodging needs. Please remember us on your next visit to Virginai.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We travel often,from Montana to Tennessee, and in between and have stayed at moderate to Grand hotels. We rarely complain about anything or anybody. I have twenty years military, and another ten in Corrections. I was told by Ms. Joan Rush that I should have complained at 4am, but doing that would have put me in a position and possibly altercation with the workers. That is why, after they were leaving, I went to the front desk and reported to desk clerk of the problem. She said Ms. Rush would be in at 7am. We have been here for two nights, but because we have always liked the people and the service, as well as the location,we decided to stayanother night. It was noisy the first night, but my wife was ill and fell asleep.so I did not say anything ,but after last night wanted to inform manager of loss of sleep. I think it was wrong of her to tell me to come to the front desk and complain with the construction workers being present. My wife was so tired from lack of sleep, that she wanted me to inform them. She has some critical health problems and desperately needs rest. That is what was so upsetting. We have never had any problems with anyone here, personnel and otherwise in the past. We have stayed at fijne hotels and others with a situation, as such would be offered at least a free night. We were offered to stay a little longer to catch up rest, but my wife thought we deserved at least one of the nights free, after two noisy nights. When she called Ms. Joan Rush and suggested that, she replied, I will see what I can do. My wife skipped breakfast and was going to rest., but after I went to the front desk she, Ms. Rush said I cannot have both and replied in an abrupt manner you must leave at 11:00am. So as tired as my wife is,we have to pack in a rush and vacate the hotel, We love this hotel and the people, but are leaving here and do not know if we will return., Ms jean who was working at the front desk,when i was checking out,she was being nesty about it she was saying, you should have said something at 4am. I told her that it started at 4am. My wife called to get her name and she said it's Jean that is all you need. I am a elite member of 4 choice.

Room Tip: do not take room 124 and check who is above you
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank curtis s
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It's been over a year since we traveled through the Staunton area and had an opportunity to stay at Sleep Inn again. The service and cleanliness of the hotel were excellent; the continental breakfast was plentiful and the price is still reasonable. We will continue staying here when in the area; it is very convenient to I-81 and close to local restaurants.

Room Tip: If you have special needs, be sure to make requests when you make reservations; they will do their b...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissDixieDelight
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay at the Sleep Inn.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us on any future visits to Virginia.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Made a reservaton in advance $102 tax included. Friendly service. Hotel was neat and clean.
Spent one night in a small room with a comfortable bed. had my little pal Buddy with us. Convenient to I 81 and some very good restaurants nearby. It aint the Ritz but it was clean and comfortable. Great for one or two nights. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Make reservation in advance so you know what the room rate will be. If you see any bugs or vermin, a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We do value our pet owners as guests and do all we can to accommodate both. Please come again on your next visit to Virginia

Reviewed November 17, 2012

USUALLY make online reservation..Got there about 6:30pm. BEST THING..Man friendly and fast! Did not mention stinkbugs which sign was way on the other side of check-in desk.. room #208. saw first one when I entered room. Told desk about it. Said if saw another he would get someone to kill it..luckily second was dead. Then saw dead one in shower light (wasn't made aware that room did not have bathtub..had two toddlers..daughter had to hold with her while trying to take a shower..)bet bug is still there..saw another on floor..semi dead...then last but not least there was one on my pillow when I woke up..hairs on bed..not ours..I am a regular out of town traveler and NEVER in my life have I seen anything like that..I asked checkout..Are you all allowed to stay open with this BUG problem and SHE said EVERY MOTEL has them..said they were getting ready to bring ANOTHER kind of BUG in to get rid of STINKBUGS..had to pay 89.00 for that kind of experience being a choice customer and had AARP...Grandbabies screamed about bugs...BOY what a NIGHTMARE. Had made trip to see nieces new home...

Room Tip: wouldn't try it in the least again..):
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fiddle

I am very sorry you had such an issue with the stink bugs. They have been an epidemic in the Mid Atlantic states for two years. We have done everything possible to rid our hotel of the problem but it is very difficult as it is for our own homes. All business are having the problem stink bugs were introduced to get rid of lady bugs that were introduced to get rid of gypsy moths. My thought is leave nature alone. Again I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Hotel was very clean. The room was nice. It wasn't very big but we were just staying over night on our way back home to Mass. We found a flyer in a rest area with discount coupons for hotels. The Sleep Inn wouldn't accept it. They said they had an "Event" going on. The Breakfast was very good. There was a Belgium waffle maker. The only eggs were hard boiled and cold. I would have perferred the scrambled eggs like we had on our was down at the Budget Inn. It was a busy Friday night and the clerk at the front desk gave us a Cracker Barrell menu and we did take out

Room Tip: Get a flyer in one of the rest stops in Va.for a discount. On our way down we were able to use one a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for you comments, We strive to offer our guests the best sevice possible. I hope you will consider Sleep Inn on your next visit to Virginia