See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2018

Considering that it is one of the cheapest motels in the area, I didn't expect much and I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. Sure, the rooms aren't exactly renovated new but they were clean and had all the standard amenities (cable TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker). Staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast selection is limited but I got some toast, a yoghurt and a coffee which is still more than they offered at the last budget motel where I spent a night and paid more than here.

October weekends seem to be a busy time in the area with many properties already sold out when I booked a couple days in advance. And while rooms at Motel 6 or Super 8 were more than $100, Travelers Inn was an absolute bargain at a rate of $60.

The motel is right off I-81 but there is no dining right there, you have to get in your car for a 5 min drive into town where you find plenty of good dining options. The upside of that is that you’re looking onto farmland from your room and not at a concrete jungle.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Our first room the door wouldn't open. When we went to the desk to tell the him that our key was working but the door wouldn't open he said that we had to open the door by pulling the handle up. Stupid but whatever. When we finally got into our room, we realized it was a smoking room. We went back to him to tell him that we needed a non-smoking room due to allergies. He said there was a $23 upcharge to move to a non-smoking room. That is just asinine. I have never been to a hotel that charged more for a non-smoking room. When we got to our new room we again had trouble opening the door, even when we tried pulling the handle up. When we finally got into the room we noticed it had an odd odor and one of the lamps didn't work. One of the mattresses was fine, not great but fine. The other felt extremely old and worn out. Thankfully, we only needed the one bed and we just needed a place to crash for the night rather than a long stay. The room is relatively clean other than the odd smell but that is the only positive thing I can say about our stay. I will never stay here again and I recommend others avoid it if they can.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Clean, super comfortable beds. Quiet area. Nothing extravagant, but it was a good night's rest. Pleasant staff at front desk. Still being remodeled but work being done wasn't an issue. Would stay again when in area. Great value

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2018

could be better, but is not. Bed was old and horrible. Owner was kind of rude, and would not even allow a cup of milk from the breakfast buffet the night before so my travel weary kids could have a late night bowl of cereal. Guess he was afraid that 20 cents worth of milk would hurt his profits. If he is that cheap with that, where else is he "saving money"???

Room tip: avoid this one
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank BIGBADBRADismad
Reviewed June 27, 2018

There are a lot of bad reviews for this establishment, but if you are looking for a cheap place to lay your head for a night I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. Please don't go in expecting a Hilton because it definitely is not, BUT, it is clean, the beds are surprisingly comfortable and the pool is clean. You cant beat what it is for the price you pay.

Room tip: Request bottom level
Date of stay: June 2018