“Great Place to stay”

Days Inn Staunton North
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip.This is such a great place to stay it is away from all the busy traffic. The staff was very friendly and Geeta and Cordin if I spelled it correctly were very sweet and anxious to help in any way. Thanks for the coffee and visits. We hope to return next year. I recommend anyone traveling this area to stay at this Day's Inn you will be very happy that you did.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton North, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay we will be looking forward your group t come back and spend some time with us. we will again do our best to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

After reading the reviews I assumed we would stay at a cheap but "good enough" motel. It was not worth the frustration or money. I don't care about it being old, but clean and friendly this place is not. The building's concrete is falling apart and looks dangerous, they have a major bug problem, and the staff is only courteous if you don't need something. Of the three rooms we stayed in, only ONE had AC and all were unpainted and filled with bugs. When asked to be moved we were told no because they were totally booked, NOT even close to true. And the Breakfast as advertised? Nope, they took it down early and literally said "too bad, I decided breakfast was over". Do yourself a favor, go one exit down, pay the $20 extra and stay at any other place in that area. Days Inn should take the name from this site, I have always been able to trust them, but I'm reconsidering that...

Room Tip: If you like AC in the summer, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton North, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I do understand about the uncomfortable stay in our motel. we have started working on the property .I do apologize inconvenience but I am sure once we get things fixed up we will be pleased to serve you better if you do change your mind. . Sorry about the beatles but they are seasonal bugs and I wish we could do something about that. We are trying hard to get some solution on this issue unfortunately we have yet not got any solution for these bugs.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Thank Gail A. S
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Reviews for this place were all over the map but since we were redeeming credit card points we decided to give it a shot. Big Mistake! It is a throw back to the 80's. Our visit started with the check in person telling us our room was pool side via the closest walk through. Nope after wandering around it was about as far from the office as possible and definitely not on the pool side. The road to the property is in serious need of pot hole repair but the view is lovely.

The property is tired and in need of some TLC. There were dead beetles all over the place, including the door jamb. You couldn't walk on the premises without squishing them. The room had an old school tube TV. The toilet was like the ones at gas stations with the foot flush and the once corner of the room had a distinct urine smell. Also there were some weird stains and scotch tape on the ceiling over the bed. Lastly we walked into the breakfast and walked back out. There was limited seating and a miserable selection of food.

I didn't mind that you had to travel a bit to find food but we will definitely avoid this property in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
DaysInnStaunton, Manager at Days Inn Staunton North, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I am sorry about your stay and apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hotel is off the interstate and quite,staff was friendly. hotel was clean and comfortable Has continental breakfast , wireless internet and pool. Plenty off truck parking. very good value .restaurants are a couple miles away. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I am glad you had a good stay and we will be happy to serve you again.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Less than $50 for a motel these days that isn't a rathole, is a find - hence the rating. This was one of those "getting late, find a motel, sleep, get up, keep driving" kind of stays. Finding it is a bit of a challenge in the dark - you have to turn and cross the road at a certain point, keep your eyes open - then drive a ways. The humorous signs added a quaint touch to the experience. The desk staff were friendly but (my main beef) didn't know that the staircase they told me to go to to haul my suitcase up (no elevators, exterior entrance) to my 2nd story room was broken. No matter, there was another one. The wi-fi worked. In the morning I could see how cruddy the walkways and railings were, but the room was comfortable, seemed clean enough, I didn't look at the carpet too hard, I wore slippers. There were things to eat when I checked out. What a deal! And, great view...

Room Tip: Try to get first floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we will work hard to get things better in places where you have pointed out.