“fine for on the road”

Days Inn Staunton/ Mint Springs
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Staunton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stopped here on the way to a graduation at Virginia Tech for one night, and will definitely not go back. The room seemed clean and there were no problems at check in. We got in late and went to sleep pretty late that night. At 5am, the phone began ringing. We ignored it the first 2 times. On the third call, I got up out of bed and answered the phone, and I heard the person on the other end hang up. I got back into bed, although I had a hard time falling back to sleep, hoping to get a precious couple of hours of rest before facing another 2 hours of driving and then a 5 hour return trip to DC. In the morning, we stopped at the desk for check out, and we said that we were disturbed by the 5am wake up call. Aimee, the person at the desk, said that we had requested it. We told her that we had NOT requested any wake up call, let alone one at 5am, and she argued with us.

When we complained, she said that we should have done so at 5am. We said that was ridiculous, as we were trying to sleep. After several minutes of her basically telling us that we were lying about getting 3 phone calls at 5am, I said that I would call their corporate office. She replied, "go ahead. I've been here forever. They won't believe you."

Bad, bad experience, and I am still waiting for their corporate office to "look into it." we booked on Priceline and will definitely not be staying at this place or another Days Inn, if we can help it.

1 Thank KVioleta13
daysinnstauntonmints, Webmaster at Days Inn Staunton/ Mint Springs, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Days Inn Staunton Mint Springs.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere for the inconvenience you had whatsoever and howsoever unlikely it can be.

Front staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Staunton Mint Springs. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
West Virginia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I picked this hotel solely because of Trip Advisor. You can get to Monticello in about 30 minutes, and it's a nice and beautiful drive. Although it's not in Staunton per se, it's only one or two exits away, and it's no big deal going to Staunton to eat (there's a Subway right across the street and two gas stations within minutes of the motel, but I don't know if there's any other very close place to find food). They have a really great breakfast buffet, with more than enough seating, and there was an attendant always busy, cleaning and stocking. My only complaint is that the bed was too hard; it took me a while to get to sleep. I stayed here for two nights; only because of the bed I'm glad we weren't staying any longer. I've stayed in a number of Days Inns, and this was definitely one of the better ones, in spite of the hardness of the bed. It's very clean and easy to find. Although others on Trip Advisor complained of the noise, this wasn't a problem, even though our room was on the side of the interstate. I had reserved this room two weeks earlier; when traveling I picked up motel coupons from rest stops, and here after settling in for the night I discovered a coupon for this place that was $14 cheaper than I was paying. When I asked the front clerk, she replied I couldn't use it since I had already checked in--and this was quite understandable. But I did learn an important lesson: check these coupon books even if you already have a reservation; I gathered I might have gotten the cheaper rate if I had known about it when we first arrived.

Room Tip: A hearty breakfast; no need to spend extra money; this will keep you full.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My first experience with Days Inn Staunton (5/18) and I truly enjoyed it. The room was modest but clean, the bed was very comfortable, the surroundings were quite and the price was extremely reasonable. The staff was amazing, very polite and professional and to top it off there was free hot breakfast... and it was Good!! I will defiantly go back very soon

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and stayed here on May 1 with our 4 small dogs. The room was very clean and the facilities were top notch. It was very quiet for being so close to the Interstate and very well lit for walking the kids. The breakfast was great providing us with the ability to take things for road as we didn't want to leave the kids alone. A $10 per dog charge was a little high but worth it for the peace, quiet and cleanliness. A complimentary USA Today was a bonus. A very short drive to dining for take-out.

Room Tip: If you have a dog stay on the side away from the highway. Quiet but enough room to walk the dogs. Pl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staunton
Red Roof Inn Staunton
#5 of 15 in Staunton
Days Inn Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
#3 of 9 in Waynesboro

Been to Days Inn Staunton/ Mint Springs? Share your experiences!