“A good choice, especially for Monticello”

Days Inn Staunton South
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I picked this hotel solely because of Trip Advisor. You can get to Monticello in about 30 minutes, and it's a nice and beautiful drive. Although it's not in Staunton per se, it's only one or two exits away, and it's no big deal going to Staunton to eat (there's a Subway right across the street and two gas stations within minutes of the motel, but I don't know if there's any other very close place to find food). They have a really great breakfast buffet, with more than enough seating, and there was an attendant always busy, cleaning and stocking. My only complaint is that the bed was too hard; it took me a while to get to sleep. I stayed here for two nights; only because of the bed I'm glad we weren't staying any longer. I've stayed in a number of Days Inns, and this was definitely one of the better ones, in spite of the hardness of the bed. It's very clean and easy to find. Although others on Trip Advisor complained of the noise, this wasn't a problem, even though our room was on the side of the interstate. I had reserved this room two weeks earlier; when traveling I picked up motel coupons from rest stops, and here after settling in for the night I discovered a coupon for this place that was $14 cheaper than I was paying. When I asked the front clerk, she replied I couldn't use it since I had already checked in--and this was quite understandable. But I did learn an important lesson: check these coupon books even if you already have a reservation; I gathered I might have gotten the cheaper rate if I had known about it when we first arrived.

Room Tip: A hearty breakfast; no need to spend extra money; this will keep you full.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My first experience with Days Inn Staunton (5/18) and I truly enjoyed it. The room was modest but clean, the bed was very comfortable, the surroundings were quite and the price was extremely reasonable. The staff was amazing, very polite and professional and to top it off there was free hot breakfast... and it was Good!! I will defiantly go back very soon

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and stayed here on May 1 with our 4 small dogs. The room was very clean and the facilities were top notch. It was very quiet for being so close to the Interstate and very well lit for walking the kids. The breakfast was great providing us with the ability to take things for road as we didn't want to leave the kids alone. A $10 per dog charge was a little high but worth it for the peace, quiet and cleanliness. A complimentary USA Today was a bonus. A very short drive to dining for take-out.

Room Tip: If you have a dog stay on the side away from the highway. Quiet but enough room to walk the dogs. Pl...
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I am glad to say the place was clean and quiet. Great location and the staff was very helpful. Breakfast could of been hotter but not complaining. Would stay there again

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Clean room, nothing fancy, basics all provided for... Microwave, fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and board. Thin towels but clean and sufficient. Desk personnel helpful and friendly. Free breakfast fine as had coffee and fresh fruit but also waffle maker, bagels, cereal... Second floor room so a climb for our friend with bad knees (she was on first floor, she noted the good mattress) but not a problem for us. Easy access off I64 and set in beautiful countryside. Also, we all noticed the meticulous landscaping. Pool was not yet open. Great deal we thought for the price!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends