“Sort of a hideaway”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were in need of lunch. Happened upon this spot thinking it was only coffee. To our delight found out lunch was available, so we stayed. We were pleased with our meals and would have lingered but had to make an appointment. The coffee and drinks they were making looked delicious, but if in need of a quick and tasty lunch this place fills the bill.

1  Thank TuesdayWednesday

Reviewed May 9, 2014

In my 13 years as a resident in Staunton, VA, I had never been treated as shabbily by a local business as I was by the owner of Coffee on the Corner, Claire. I came in on a Monday morning, dressed in proper work attire, after my volunteer job, to escape the pouring rain while waiting for the bus. In all politeness, I ordered a piece of chocolate cake to go and asked if the charge could be split between cash and credit. The barista said she would have to check if she could do that and disappeared for a moment. She came back to the register, and the owner, Claire, called out from behind the curtain, "No!" That was all she said. The owner did not come to explain the situation or say, "I'm sorry we cannot accept that form of payment" as would have been correct to do. As you can imagine, I was insulted that I was given no explanation, so I will not be returning. I say get your coffee anyplace but Claire's place.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Loved the coffee and the service at the "Coffee on the Corner" in Staunton, VA. Very quaint and friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Wonderful people work there and frequent there. Lots of college students and teachers, with the feeling of intelligent creativity going on all around you. Wonderful - stop in and have a cup!

1  Thank stephenscitymom
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stopped for a couple of Americanos, but the food looked so good we ended up having a very tasty lunch.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Had the privilege of eating here during a trip to Staunton for a conference. Great place with lots of character. Had the half sandwich and a cup of soup (Rueben and Mexican Tortilla) which were perfectly prepared. Highly recommend stopping by for a wonderful meal.

Been to The By And By? Share your experiences!