“The smell lured us in off the street”
Review of The Split Banana

The Split Banana
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Staunton
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My daughter and I were visiting shops in Staunton and came across the best smell. It was the smell of waffle cones being baked at the split banana co.. Good thing we walked in when we did because there was a line out the door when we left. The staff was friendly and eager to give out samples. I had the sticky rice and my daughter had the raspberry and birthday cake. Sticky rice didn't sound appealing for gelato but it was great. Their sizes are ideal and not overwhealming. We had ours to go but the shop looked really nice.

There are newer reviews for The Split Banana

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stopped late at night after a play. They are open till 11:00 p.m. the gelato was fantastic and the women working behind the counter (possibly the owners) were very friendly and helpful. I would love to pick the place up and bring it home with me.

1  Thank Lee S
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The selections made with local ingredients and the outstanding quality, make this a “must visit” when travelling to Staunton. The staff was super friendly and allowed for ample samples along with great descriptions of the ingredients. Please check them out.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We visited about 10.30pm the place was busy with all ages including grannies in their best clothes and children as young as 6..a member of the public played the piano...fab atmosphere...ice cream was great too...all good quality ingredients...young friendly staff...

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I recently enjoyed a delightful treat at the Split Banana. This is a little walk-up ice cream shoppe where they make their own scrumptious waffle cones. Better yet, it was Waffle Wednesday and we did not have to pay the extra 45 cents to have our ice cream in a cone rather than a cup. What a deal! There were numerous flavors and it was difficult to decide which I wanted. No matter what, I don't think anyone can go wrong! We were there in the evening and the place was hopping! We were able to get a booth when we got there, but the place filled up and at one point there was a line out the door. If you are ever in downtown Staunton, don't miss the split banana.

1  Thank Gloria H