“A MUST”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
“A MUST”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

When ever I go to see my mom, this is a MUST. I really enjoy getting two different flavors when I order. The gelato is wonderful, I can not say enough.

Visited June 2012

Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful Ice Cream -- Great Location”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Yum! Some of the best ice cream/gelato I've ever had! They have a wonderful selection of flavors -- including Guinness beer when we were there! They also have wonderful sorbet if that's your scene. You have to go here if you're in the Staunton area!

Visited August 2012
Palatine, Illinois
“Nice place, but not the best”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Tough to find places open after theater that is not a bar in Staunton, but if you are looking for a snack, this is the place

Visited July 2012
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Great shakes”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stopped in on a very hot day. I thought the espresso milkshake was delicious, but the price was a little steep.

Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

For starters, the atmosphere inside the shop is very cute and reminscient of a 1950s ice cream shop. When ordering, you can choose between ice cream, gelato or sorbet, but there are a surprisingly small number of choices for each. With how much hype was given to this place, our entire party felt let down. While our dessert wasn't bad, it was also nothing special. Additionally, we felt as though portions were small and overpriced. We would not visit this place again.

• Visited July 2012

Been to The Split Banana? Share your experiences!